Turbo FIre, Insanity, and P90x

Options
I'm looking to lose 50 more pounds with diet and exercise. I know that I need cardio, so I've been doing Zumba religiously. I'm looking to kick up my workout so which one of those plans would be best for someone looking to lose a large amount of weight. Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• jennybex
    jennybex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was doing insanity pretty religiously up until a couple weeks ago and it was an incredible work out. I wasn't watching what I ate though so I only lost about 6 lbs. If you watch what you eat and follow that program, I can't imagine not losing a ton of weight on it. Plan to get back into it, this time being good about what I'm eating.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a pure cardio musle strrengthening program with squats and jumps and push ups ect..... whereas P90x encorporates weights that build muscle and continously burns calories even when not working out.....both would help you tremendously in losing weight I havent heard about Turbo Fire though...Im doing Insanity currently but Ive only done the first day lol but I already feel it working!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It is not just about how much weight you have to lose when it comes to choosing the right workout, but personal preferences as well. All three are amazing workouts that get results
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    any of those will help you if your diet is good.
    the only one i am really familiar with at this time is Insanity (very well named) i will tell you this
    you wil most like lose
    your stamina will increase amaszingly making all other workouts more doable
    you will sweat. i am talking ring a gallon out your clothes sweat.
    you will tone up all over and definatly your abs.

and you will feel friggin great

ps might try p90x in the future, but still enjoying Insanity. oh and besides Shaun is really motivating, really keeps you pushing
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you're at with your fitness, but you might want to start with something like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, then move on to Insanity or P90X.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I also have 50+ to lose, and I have just finished week 11 of 20 of Turbo Fire and I lost over 20lbs. And, I am very careful about what I eat.

Once TurboFIre is done, I am going to do Insanity then Insanity Asylum. I choose this order to fight platues. I plan on trying P90x again when I am close to goal and that will be done as a hybrid with TurboFire and Insanity for the cardio.

I found that a balanced program of Cardio, strentgh and stretch is key along with tracking with MFP. I like the calendar option to make sure I am getting the right mix and so far it is working for me.
  • amygibson82
    amygibson82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am doing Power 90 which is like a few steps down from P90X just because I know that "I" can't do the things on P90X yet. Insanity. Um...no thank you. Not yet. Lol. Like a previous poster said it really is a personal preference and what YOU can handle. Good luck!
  • Galvan0426
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire and enjoy it. You can make it as hard or as easy as you would like - all in what you want. They also have the option for a really quick, high intensity workout (keeps your body burning calories after you are done). The program also comes with a 5-day starter diet.
    All in all, just keep in mind that your diet is extremely important in any workout regimen that you choose.
    Good luck to you!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I think any of the three workouts are great! It just depends if you want more cardio (Turbo Fire or Insanity) versus more strength training (P90X). I love Turbo Fire and Chalene Extreme. Good luck!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    how are your knees, ankles and shoulders??? if they are in good shape the go for the insanity...in month 2 and feel like I might die while doing it and feel sooooo goooood afterwards.....lots of squats, plyometrics and plank work...
  • alemj
    alemj Posts: 8
    Options
    Spinning (indoor cycling) is an awesome way to kick it up!
  • takm0527
    takm0527 Posts: 53
    Options
    I have started p90x the "lean" routine and got to about week 6 and I stopped. While I see a huge difference in my strength and I can feel the muscles changing...I feel like I need to get a good layer of fat off first.

This month I increased my running and I am doing Jillian Micheals 30day shred and I have lost more weight in the past 3 weeks than I did on the 6 weeks I did p90x (but you gain a lot of muscle on p90x)

I am going to to Turbo Fire and then I hope to go back and do p90x when I am closer to my goal. The cardio workouts in p90x were not that difficult for me. Kenpo was my favorite, but that was because I could get all the way through it without dying. My husband is doing the "classic" routine and he said Plyo is a hard cardio workout..but you do not do that in the workouts I was doing. For me the Yoga X was a killer..because I have too much around my middle the moves were difficult.

I got bored with p90x because it is the same music..I like the idea of Turbo Fire and the upbeat music and group feel of it.

just my experience.
  • snf70360
    snf70360 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice! I've decided to do TurboFire, Insanity, then P90x. I got all 3 sets! Hoping to start TurboFire on Monday.