New here trying to loose weight

Options
Hello I’m new here I’m trying to loose weight and attempting to limit my portions, eat the recommended food guidelines, it’s so hard. I just had my baby Jan 2017 and I’m used to eating what I want.

Replies

• Kejsmith255
    Kejsmith255 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it take it one day at at time
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest changing your habits one at a time so it doesn’t get overwhelming.

Week 1 might be log everything
    Week 2 weigh and log everything

Then with a review of your entries

Week 3 more veggies at dinner

and so on.
  • tknjmama
    tknjmama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am here to lose as well. I have never had a weight issue, until 2 months ago when I gained 22lbs in less than a month. I have PCOS and endometriosis, and it went crazy at the end of January, and I blew up like a balloon. I am taking control now that I have recovered from my surgery to try and remove what endometriosis caused. Good luck and I hope your journey is my than satisfying
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight, but you can't try, you have to eat less for real.
    Use MFP as a tool to help you portion out your food and hit your total daily calorie goal. That's all the recommended food guidelines you need to follow to lose weight.
    You can eat what you want, but you can't eat everything at once, and not all the time.
  • zaidashible
    zaidashible Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too im here trying to drop 30 to 50 lbs ...
    ...but i binge and seek refuge in food when im stressed, sad, happy, overwhelmed among other emotions
  • michelleRKdavidson
    michelleRKdavidson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI! Good for you for wanting to get healthier! And MFP is a great tool. My advise is just don't give up. Keep working out at it and take it day by day. I like what one of the other members said about changing one thing at a time. I restarted in November by after letting myself go for a long time. The first thing I did was add some vitamins. I started taking a B Complex and Vitamin D. The B Complex helped me ramp up my metabolism and the D helps with your immune system and can also help your mood as well. Start looking into some vitamins that you might be missing and add those in each day. Also drink water, water, water! That is a huge help, I know it sounds to simple but it is the truth.
    Then start making you some small goals that can snowball into bigger goals. My first goal was to cut out unhealthy snacking, or maybe if you fill up a plate of food don't eat it all. I did that during the holidays and it helped me get through all those family dinners.
    And truly for me when I started counting my calories it was so much easier because I started noticing I was wasting so many calories on things that did not give me nutrients.
    Good Luck!! And you are welcome to add me as a friend here. A good group of moms who keep each other motivated is great to have.