Tips???

Options
What are some simple tips for weight loss. I'm not looking for lots of weight loss at a time but some pointers on things I could do daily to get me on the right path... any help would be great!!:ohwell:

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Aim for about 2 lbs/week loss if you have a lot to lose. Otherwise 1 lb per week.
    Plan your meals and workouts ahead of time. Stick to your plan.
    Prepare the majority of your food yourself. Stick with clean minimally processed foods and ingredients. Stick with lean proteins, complex carbs, healthy fats. Avoid simple sugars and simple carbs.
    Visualize your goal. Make it your life's mission to become as fit and successful as possible.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    record your food, muscle burns fat so start off doing weights, Personal trainers push you harder than you will push yourself, watch your sodium, snack regularly and drink 1L of water per 25 kgs of body weight you are + 1L per hour of excercise you do!
    e.g - 75kgs = 3L of water

:-) good luck !!!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs, increase water intake, try clean eating as in prepare your own meals where possible, plan your meals, excersice (even if it is just walking) and don't over do it. If your body is telling you it needs to rest then rest. Add vegetables and fruit if your not already eating these and include lots of protein
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Be consistent. 90% of the time people don't lose weight is because the are inconsistent with food, exercise and rest.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Cook your own food so you know what's going in it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat less & exercise more....
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Small steps - pick one thing to focus on each week and when you have acheived that, move onto the next one.
    You don't have to change everything at once.

The other thing I keep reminding myself is that the only thing we truly have control of is what we are doing RIGHT NOW.
    Things I did yesterday can't be changed. Plans for tomorrow are always subject to change. NOW is the thing I can actually take charge of.

Right, I'm off to have a cup of herbal tea instead of a piece of chocolate :smile:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Use your diary to plan - logging after you have eaten something is too late for you to make a healthy substitute!
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    Watch sodium. Its kicking me in the butt right now. Being bloated and holding on to extra water does not look good.
  • tammymeee1
    Options
    Really try the email i sent you, it really works.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Really try the email i sent you, it really works.

Intriguing. Care to share?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! If you have a bad day, get up the next day and start over again. I "dieted" for years because I'd fall off the wagon, decide I'd start again on Monday, or the first of the month or whenever. It wasn't until I found something I could really stick with that I succeeded. And the key to finding something you can stick with is finding something that is easy. Don't try for too big of a calorie deficit!