keto meal plans

Options
I exercise 5/6 days a week with at least 30 minutes cardio plus weight training. Last year I gained 50 lbs due to meds I was on. I have been attempting to get my weight back down but have not been successful. I eat approximately 2000 calories a day.
I have decided to try a keto meal plan to see if it will help me. Any advice or direction would be helpful. I am not sure of what types of foods to eat or to avoid. im looking fro recipes and cooking ideas fro my meal planning.
thanks

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm unsure why you want to try something when you have no idea what it involves.

You say you eat approximately 2000 cals a day - are you being accurate with your logging to make sure you're in a deficit? Do you use a food scale for all solids and measuring cups/spoons for liquids? Are your database entries accurate?

A keto diet is high fat, low carb and moderate protein. It is not magical or necessary for weight loss - it works in exactly the same way as any other diet when you're in a deficit. Initially you'll see a bigger drop in weight as eating less carbs will cause your body to hold less water. Fat loss is no different.
  • thefitwife_xo
    thefitwife_xo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out Dr. Berg on YouTube.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I didn't have success on Keto but I'm sustaining a LCHF diet since around Thanksgiving of last year; this happens with quite a few people that Keto is too aggressive and you may decide to readjust your macros, which is fine. Most importantly, eat the way you want to in way you can sustain long term. I happen to not find carbs very satiating (i.e. I can eat a lot and still feel hungry), so I limit them and save my daily calories (1600ish) for a smaller quantity of higher-fat, higher-protein foods.

This might be a good forum for you: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group