Breakfast Proteins

Options
Hey all, i am fairly new here and have a question about protein in the morning (breakfast). i find that i have zero energy some mornings. Typically, i will have a bowl of raisin bran with 2% milk for breakfast, sometimes it is a bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam. i notice that within 30 minutes or so of eating either of these things, i am ready for a nap. i am looking for suggestions for a better breakfast, that will give me energy to get me to at least snack time in the morning.

Any help is much appreciated.

-grace

Replies

• carieeng
    carieeng Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and bacon.....scrambled eggs and sausage.....you need protein. Either of these will get you going!!! :) Good Luck!
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites on a toasted whole wheat bagel thin. Yummy! :)
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like eggs...one whole egg and two egg whites, and maybe a small bit of fruit along with it. If I'm on the go and don't have time to fix eggs, I like to drink a protein shake.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A few suggetions:
    scrambled eggs & spinach
    High protein shake
    Oatmeal w/ diced apples
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Try substituting peanut butter for your cream cheese. Peanut butter and whole wheat make a complete protein. Eggs, diced chicken or turkey, and veggies make an amazing omlette, as well. My current fave is oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and a cup of greek yogurt.

Good luck!
  • missolesky
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese with paprika is my go-to. I love it and 1 cup has 160 calories and 22 g of protein
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and bacon.....scrambled eggs and sausage.....you need protein. Either of these will get you going!!! :) Good Luck!

Ditto this ... and you don't need the toast--they just add extra calories; have some strawberries or melon instead of juice. Juice is like having a soda for breakfast: http://www.hookedonjuice.com/
  • euni2
    euni2 Posts: 27
    Options
    I make a protein shake of frozen fruit; diet berry juice and protein powder. I freeze together 1/2 cup berries and 1/2 cup pineapple chunks; blend it with 1 1/2 cups diet berry juice and a scoop of protein powder. Yummy!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    If you are in a massive hurry, boiled eggs are great. Just eat a couple, have a handful of berries (blackberries, strawberries, etc.) and you're off to a great start. :D
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I currently do:
    Fat Free Yogurt
    Protein Shake
    Low Sugar Oatmeal

Thinking about switching it up to ditch the yogurt (trying to get rid of unnatural sugar):
    Scrambled Eggs
    Protein Shake
    Low Sugar Oatmeal

Every now and then I throw in some whole wheat toast. :)
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Oatmeal
    greek yogurt w/ fruits
    egg whites w/ veggies
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt! You can also use it as a substitute for the cream cheese on your bagel.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I eat daily a piece of whole wheat toast with almond butter, scrambled egg whites and either turkey bacon, turkey sausage or canadian bacon. Lasts till lunch and it's all under 300 calories. Oh, and coffee! (I don't have a sodium issue so the breakfast meats don't bother me).
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    egg white omlette with a slice of cheese in it and slice of tomato on the top. YUM!
    But my FAVOURITE breakfast is oatmeal with non fat milk and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Keeps me full for a long time.
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    cottage cheese & fruit, hard boiled egg-discard yolk & fill with flavored hummus.