What's your favorite APP?

Options
So many apps out there! Phones, ipods etc! What's your favorite weight loss/exercise app you like to use? (Besides MFP!)

Here are mine:

SIMPLE WEIGHT : tracks weight. I log every am and it helps me understand the natural variance to weight.

MFP: of course! So handy!

CARDIO TRAINER: Haven't tried it yet.

What's some of your favorite apps/games non related to weight loss/exercise?

Non fitness: KINDLE - my book is always with me!

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper I use it to track my bicycle rides. Great mapping, will interface with my HRM and allows me to play my songs in the background
  • Millie77
    Millie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    Bump, because I'm interested.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    jogtracker: It works for a variety of exercises, maps out whatever route you took, and calculates miles. I use it for biking new trails.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Fooducate - you can scan a food and it will give you its "grade" on how healthy it is. Kind of list the pros and cons of the food, and give you suggestions for better alternatives.

Restaurant Nutrition - lists menu items for many restaurants
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was about APPetizers because I'm slightly masochistic today and have been looking continuously at recipes for food I can't have.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    jogtracker: It works for a variety of exercises, maps out whatever route you took, and calculates miles. I use it for biking new trails.

I've been looking for something like this. I go out and walk/run and then have to count blocks or drive it to know! LOL I'm trying to find a good 5k path by my house so I can "train".
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    MFP and Runkeeper. Nothing else needed :)
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    NTC- Nike Training Club.. absolutely AMAZING!

I also like Tempo Magic (or something like that..) to speed up the songs on my iPod so they're perfect for all workouts, no matter how intense or light i want them. :)
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    I was hoping this was about APPetizers because I'm slightly masochistic today and have been looking continuously at recipes for food I can't have.

LMAO, glad I'm not the only one that does this!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a good hear rate app? do these really work?
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I use Nike Training Club (I LOVE IT! Excellent workouts on there and very well-designed app) and Runkeeper.
  • olivedrab
    olivedrab Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Aside from MFP, I love:

Runkeeper (routes, journaling, and pace/calorie info for running, but also hiking, walking, etc.)
    MapMyRide (similar to Runkeepr, but I use this one for biking)
    Couch to 5k (to get started or re-started running)
    Bridge to 10k (good inspiration to up distance safely)
    Arookoo (for silly walking fun)

Clearly, I am (possibly overly) focused on mapping routes and creating challenges for myself.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Nike + GPS for tracking my runs

LIVESTRONG - They have a huge database of verified foods if I can't find something in MFP

Fast Food - Has a database of fast food/restaurant calories

Nutrition - Has a database of foods and counts your entries with either WW points or cals

It's not an app but it's a great website...Healthy Dining Finder...gives you the healthiest options at a variety of fast food/restaurants
  • emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use footsteps app on my ipod for how many calories i can burn. i only have a lite version so can walk 3000 steps without having to upgrade but it gives me an sort of start on what i can do via walking to burn calories.

MFP of course
  • DancingSquirrel
    Options
    I am trying digifit. It works with a dongle that plugs into the iphone that reads ant+ heart rate sensors (and other types as well). Used it for the first time last night and it did a great job of showing me my heart rate while I exercised.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    All for Android:

MFP (obvi.)
    Simple Weight Recorder
    Restaurant Nutrition (LOVE this when traveling for work!!!)
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I like the runkeeper! Can't wait to try it!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    All ones that have been mentioned....MapMyRide, Fooducate and C25K. Non-fitness related - Pandora!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oh...and GetFitMap - it gives you strength training routines and interval routines you can follow!
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    bump for later