Anyone able to do Insanity while in college?

Options
So I want to do Insanity but after looking at the nutrition guide (Five meals a day, pick from these groups...) I don't think I will be able to pull this off in college. Yes I can take snacks to class but i have to go to the dining hall 2 times a day and doubt that I will be able to choose options listed in the book. Also when in my dorm I only have access to a small fridge and a microwave so I cant cook much or have a large variety of choices due to a small fridge. Do you think I should just go for it and try and do my best on the diet? Oh and I need 3200 calories a day (according to Insanity) since I want to bulk up but I don't want to put on fat. I would greatly appreciate some advice on this, thanks!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    sure...do the plan but then modify your diet as best as you can.

the dining halls have the staples: protein (chicken, eggs, etc) and carbs (bread, rice, fruits, veggies)
  • TBHunter
    TBHunter Posts: 28
    Options
    I did...granted I live off campus and am lucky enough to have a space to cook/store food!

I think you can do it too, just have to mod the food part a bit!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're looking to bulk, Insanity aint for you. And on a bulking note, a school cafeteria, being like a buffet, is an extremely cost effective place to bulk LOL
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    Is there a kitchen in the dorm at all? It might be helpful to make meals at the beginning of the week and put them in tupperware in your mini fridge. Make sure you have small snacks on hand if youre hungry. What is the dorm set up like? If you have a kitchen then this might be do-able. Or even better, do you have access to other dorms on campus that have a kitchen?
  • smedly25
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. To clarify I think using the term bulk up was wrong. I'm 6'0 162lbs and just want to put on more lean muscle. I don't care how big it looks as long as I am stronger. On the kitchen side of this, my dorm does not have a kitchen but I can look around and maybe find one while i'm there. Right now I think I will just have to explore the dining hall to find all my options.