Office Job

Got a great new office job. But now that i'm not running around all day like i did at my last job I'm worried about gaining my weight back. Need some filling snacks or small meal ideas to bring with me to work so i don't over induldge in crappy foods. Already have my almonds but i can only eat a few before i get bored of them :(

Please Help! :)

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Hard boiled eggs, string cheese, veggies.
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    I have a desk job too. I snack on pop corn, mini rice cakes, fiber one bars or brownies(yummy), veggies or string cheese,
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Veggie sticks with nut butter or hummus. Fruit. If you have a fridge, yogurt or cottage cheese. High fiber granola bars. Dry roasted edamame. These are few of my favorties to snack on at my desk.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Make sure you have the fridge and/or a desk drawer stocked with healthy munchies just in case. Here are some of my go-to options:

fruit & veggies
    oatmeal
    yogurt
    craisins/ dried cranberries
    whole grain cereal
    natural peanut butter
    graham crackers
    cheese sticks
    nuts
    microwave popcorn
    popchips
    terra chips
    salad dressing
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    I'm a big fan of these Nature Valley Granola Thins - I got the dark chocolate kind. It was so tasty :)
    Others I'm fond of:
    + Yogurt
    + Laughing Cow Spreadable cheese wedges + club mini crackers
    + Celery sticks with peanut butter (or cream cheese)
    + Almonds (I know you already mentioned them, but I eat them constantly!)
    + Welch's Fruit Snack packs
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    if you like Almonds, but get bored with just snacking on them... make your own trail mix (it will be yummier and better for you and less expensive than store bought)
    i like almonds, dried banana chips, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate chips/m&ms... sometimes for more crunch and slaty i'll add mini pretzels.
    another mix i do is peanuts, yogurt covered raisins, and banana chips.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    You could always try to find ways to exercise too. With my last job, I took the bus but it let me off 35 mins from where I worked (it didn't go by there) and I walked it every morning and evening. So I got atleast 70 mins of walking mon-fri in addition to anything else I might do extra.

I did the same thing when I was in college. I worked out alot prior, but because I was in a condensed course my brain was totalling fried when I was done each day so I didn't have it in me to exercise. I found the only time I had energy was in the morning before classes so I walked to school... about 45mins to an hour of a walk. It wasn't ideal, but it was something.
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    same things as others have listed. string cheese, hard boiled eggs, fiber one bars, oatmeal (in case I don't have time for breakfast at home), apples or other fruit, can of soup (in case I forget my lunch). For lunch I usually bring a salad from home, I add all kinds of things (not all of them at the same time though) grapes, raisens, real bacon bits, cheese, hard boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, leftover chicken breast, croutons. I never get bored of it because its so good. I try to get up from my desk as often as posible, walk to deliver documents to coworkers, etc.
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Hard boiled eggs, string cheese, veggies.

I love hard boiled eggs, but i don't want my coworkers to go crazy smelling eggs! Guess they can just get over it right?! :)