KETO BEGINNERS HERE

Options
Current weight : 184 lbs
Goal weight : 170 lbs
Baby steps & smaller, real, attainable goal. Once I get there, I want to lose another 10 lbs.
Ideal goal weight: 150 lbs

This morning I woke up feeling determined. I have read countless success stories of people achieving results on keto & finally I decided to try it myself.

I am a vegetarian. This thread will be me sharing recipes, my everyday meals, thoughts etc & feel free to add me. I have issues staying on track & can really use some accountability & I am hoping this thread will help me stay positive.

I get bored very easily & as my username suggests, I really do have the biggest sweet tooth so we will see how I do.
I will be posting here everyday & feel free to join me.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What are your carb goals?

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm moving slowly toward a Keto food plan. I know that I can't drop from a 55% carb macro to a 15 or 20% carb macro overnight... tried that before with disastrous emotional and binge eating results. It has taken me some weeks to slowly move down my macros to where I'm at the 15% mark, and I'm feeling just fine. Still waiting for the brain fog to lift. My net carbs are in the moderate to moderate-high range for now. I tend to end up with net carbs somewhere between 55-75 total per day. That's where I find the levels manageable. I have been testing with keto sticks, but I am not hitting verifiable ketosis. Still a work in progress and much different than many other attempts I've made.

Friends welcome!
  • JoP2508
    JoP2508 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm moving slowly toward a Keto food plan. I know that I can't drop from a 55% carb macro to a 15 or 20% carb macro overnight... tried that before with disastrous emotional and binge eating results. It has taken me some weeks to slowly move down my macros to where I'm at the 15% mark, and I'm feeling just fine. Still waiting for the brain fog to lift. My net carbs are in the moderate to moderate-high range for now. I tend to end up with net carbs somewhere between 55-75 total per day. That's where I find the levels manageable. I have been testing with keto sticks, but I am not hitting verifiable ketosis. Still a work in progress and much different than many other attempts I've made.

Friends welcome!

I’ve been really struggling like emotionally. I went from an ungodly amount of carbs to like 15-25 grams per day. And I honestly just want to forget it and eat a whole pizza. I keep telling myself it’s just in my head but it’s driving me crazy.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    There are groups specifically geared towards keto. You should do a search, join some, and document your journey there.
  • jienger
    jienger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am following Keto- LCHP Macros are (in grams) p120/c21/f78 I eat 3 meals a day 4 hours apart. I keep my meals really basic (meaning boring lol)