EGGS!!!

Options
So I’m a vegetarian and the only protein besides whey protein shakes I eat are eggs, my calorie intake is 1800 ( 140g protein, 175g carbs, and 60g fat) in my situation would it be best to just eat egg whites or to just eat egg yolks? Or is eating both egg whites and egg yolks ok?

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Kaleolei wrote: »
    So I’m a vegetarian and the only protein besides whey protein shakes I eat are eggs, my calorie intake is 1800 ( 140g protein, 175g carbs, and 60g fat) in my situation would it be best to just eat egg whites or to just eat egg yolks? Or is eating both egg whites and egg yolks ok?

Eating both is fine. If you're trying to reach a specific protein or fat goal at the end of the day using eggs, maybe that might dictate using just the yolk or white, but in general, eat the whole egg :)
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Eating both is fine. If you're trying to reach a specific protein or fat goal at the end of the day using eggs, maybe that might dictate using just the yolk or white, but in general, eat the whole egg :)

yep this
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great. I can eat 6 whole eggs in a day. And yes, the whole egg. I don't eat many other fats, so eggs are a good source for me.

Would you eat cottage cheese or beans for a protein source?
  • MishMashMisha
    MishMashMisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You could do a mixture. I love whole eggs, and eat them most mornings, but sometimes they don't fit into my goals. I prelog my food for the day, then decide if I'll eat 2 whole eggs, or 2 eggs whites + 1 whole egg, or 3 egg whites.
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I really like egg whites. They are very inexpensive in the calorie department and high in protein. I usually have around 15 tbsp @125 calories. Sometimes i'll have regular eggs too. But if you need a boost of protein for the day with minimal calories, egg whites are the way to go.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg. It is a shame to waste the yolk. The yolk is the tastiest part and full of vitamins. I buy pasture raised eggs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You don't eat any other dairy?