Options
2»

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    ricka1962 wrote: »
    ^^ I think the OP was just sharing and inquiring what others do. Don't think he was advocating a right/wrong approach or anything else for that matter.

If you read further up the OP was disregarding people's experiences and their opinions. Especially when they stated they believed squats were the superior movemrnt. So I simple was curious as to how he was determining his muscular hypertrophy. From what it seems he did not have a means for determining it

I don't think he is active anymore; RIP bro zakbailey...his way was the only way at least in his mind. Sure seemed to want others to know that or at least argue/fight about it.

Who does leg press over squats anyways? (j/k...trolling...injuries, different strokes for different folks, etc.)

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    ^^ I think the OP was just sharing and inquiring what others do. Don't think he was advocating a right/wrong approach or anything else for that matter.

If you read further up the OP was disregarding people's experiences and their opinions. Especially when they stated they believed squats were the superior movemrnt. So I simple was curious as to how he was determining his muscular hypertrophy. From what it seems he did not have a means for determining it

I don't think he is active anymore; RIP bro zakbailey...his way was the only way at least in his mind. Sure seemed to want others to know that or at least argue/fight about it.

Who does leg press over squats anyways? (j/k...trolling...injuries, different strokes for different folks, etc.)

Yeah I didn't think so. I didn't have much hope left haha. He definitely had some interesting opinions.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options

I actually hope he’s not gone. I like a spirited discussion now and then. It gives people a chance of seeing options. I just don’t like when people become too abrasive or rude.

• ricka1962
    ricka1962 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

From what I read, I believe he was disagreeing with the last sentence that you are only a serious lifter if you squat and deadlift. Implying that leg press were for folks not so serious.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    I do both. Depends on my current goals. Do a lot of single leg presses as well.
  • ricka1962
    Options

Hmmm. Never really thought about one being superior over the other. Just another way to target similar muscle groups based on what your goals are. I guess if you're a power lifter, leg presses may have little benefit. IDK, I don't power lift. For body building, I think Leg presses are at times, a really good exercise that allows me to put more focus on my legs without focusing on stabilization. Some days I do them in addition to squats, some days instead.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

From what I read, I believe he was disagreeing with the last sentence that you are only a serious lifter if you squat and deadlift. Implying that leg press were for folks not so serious.

Great read on the topic here, with some good insight: https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/
  • ricka1962
    Options
    ^^ Good read!!