Starting over again

Options
Just want to introduce my self and tell a little bit about me. I am a 25 year mom with one daughter. I have done the yoyo dieting to long. I want to have another but there is no way I'm going through the prgnancy with all this weight again. It was one of the most painful things I have ever done and it shouldn't be like that. It is time for a change. I am getting the Lap Band at the end of this month. A lot of people have told me that "it's the cheating way", but I have finally decided not to listen to them and do what I feel is right for me. I started the pre op diet today. So far so good. I have to lose 13 lbs in the next two weeks, and I'm really hoping this web site will help me thru that and thru the rest of my journey. Good luck to everyone on there journeys!
Alicia:wink:

Replies

• letterfly
    letterfly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just want to introduce my self and tell a little bit about me. I am a 25 year mom with one daughter. I have done the yoyo dieting to long. I want to have another but there is no way I'm going through the prgnancy with all this weight again. It was one of the most painful things I have ever done and it shouldn't be like that. It is time for a change. I am getting the Lap Band at the end of this month. A lot of people have told me that "it's the cheating way", but I have finally decided not to listen to them and do what I feel is right for me. I started the pre op diet today. So far so good. I have to lose 13 lbs in the next two weeks, and I'm really hoping this web site will help me thru that and thru the rest of my journey. Good luck to everyone on there journeys!
    Alicia:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, and helpful, and everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Forget the people who refer to it as "cheating". We all choose the path that is right for us. Congrats on finding yours.

I've noticed some others on MFP who have had weight loss surgery. I'm sure you will be able to seek out plenty of support and motivation here. It's an awesome website! I joined mid January and I'm completely addicted!

Anyways, WELCOME!
  • TexasLaneys
    Options
    Hi Letterfly,

I am a new member here also. I just joined this week. I am in a program called "New Directions" offered by the Methodist Hospital System. It does not involve surgery. I attend the classes at the Willowbrook Methodist Hospital. The number there is 281-477-1265. They have introductory classes every Tuesday afternoon. I started the program 7/31/2008 and have dropped 115 lbs to date. My next class is on 2/16/09 and I hope to have lost more. My wife started the program this week. The program is offered at several of the units in the Methodist Hospital System. I would encourage you to look into this option before an invasive surgery.

Craig