Any BodyRockers here?

Options
Ok, so I am ALWAYS checking out bodyrock.tv, her youtube videos, and even have them as a "friend" on fb. I am obessed with her workouts, and let alone her body! I have yet to try to do a workout, since they look so tough. I would really like to try to incorportate some of the routines into my schedule, since I feel like I'm getting bored, but , I just don't know where to start!?

Anyone that does bodyrock.tv routines, can you suggest a good first workout for me!? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Dara

Replies

• elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Start with whatever they post up. Like today's video. At the end of it she explains modified versions/versions without the Ugi ball. Do what you can and you'll be stronger in no time. I love Zuzana and Freddy. They're really awesome!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of that, but her damn 1 legged squats are really freaking me out! LOL. Thank you!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Haha, same here. I don't have an Ugi ball and wanted to use a soccer ball, but that thing is half the height and just rolls, so that was a fail. Use a chair? And anytime ;)
  • michelle_d06
    Options
    I too am obsessed with the BodyRock.tv website and videos and have yet to do a workout....
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Yeah, I just don't have the money to be spending on all the equipment right now! I actually asked my hubby if he could weld a dip station for me last night...so who knows what I will find when I get home one of these days! Maybe I will try it tonight after I do my regular workout! Chair sounds like the perfect option!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I too am obsessed with the BodyRock.tv website and videos and have yet to do a workout....

She is serioulsy like my female crush, if i was into that sorta thing! I am a beachbody coach, and swear by beachbody, but i want to try to add her routines in as well...just for a little excitement and newness to my workouts! lol
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I've been following BodyRock since 2009 and I love the workouts and, yeah, Zuzana's body is really great motivation. I just jumped right in and I did what I could do. I used a chair for one-legged squats (and I still do). I didn't go down very far at all at first and I have gradually gotten lower and lower, but they are tough. Don't feel like you should be able to do everything right away.

As far as the equipment, there are lots of substitutes that you can use (she even talks about some of them in her videos) so get creative and do what you can with what you have or don't use the equipment. If she is doing pushups on the Ugi ball, just do regular pushups. You'll still be getting in a great workout. I would also encourage you to go back to her older workouts. When I first started following her was when they were living in Malta and I really don't remember her using much equipment at all. Maybe a full water bottle as a weight and a wall for pullups, but she didn't use much at all. Those workouts were amazingly tough. I kind of wish she would get back to doing more of those pure bodyweight workouts because I think people see all of the equipment and get nervous.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Often she will talk about more beginner's move. I'll say you can look back to some older video and just pick one that you feel more comfortable to start. Have fun.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I've been following BodyRock since 2009 and I love the workouts and, yeah, Zuzana's body is really great motivation. I just jumped right in and I did what I could do. I used a chair for one-legged squats (and I still do). I didn't go down very far at all at first and I have gradually gotten lower and lower, but they are tough. Don't feel like you should be able to do everything right away.

As far as the equipment, there are lots of substitutes that you can use (she even talks about some of them in her videos) so get creative and do what you can with what you have or don't use the equipment. If she is doing pushups on the Ugi ball, just do regular pushups. You'll still be getting in a great workout. I would also encourage you to go back to her older workouts. When I first started following her was when they were living in Malta and I really don't remember her using much equipment at all. Maybe a full water bottle as a weight and a wall for pullups, but she didn't use much at all. Those workouts were amazingly tough. I kind of wish she would get back to doing more of those pure bodyweight workouts because I think people see all of the equipment and get nervous.

Thank you. Yes, I have been browsing a lot of her older workouts, and saw some of the subsititues that she has suggested. I have tried the pre morning workout that is just 4 minutes long and its just high knees and moutain climbers, but I want to do more. So, I think after my insanity ( if i feel like it) I may try one of the older workouts. Thanks again!
    Have you gotten great results with her workouts!?
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Often she will talk about more beginner's move. I'll say you can look back to some older video and just pick one that you feel more comfortable to start. Have fun.

thanks! I guess, I just cant pick which workout i wanna do! LOL
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've done a few of the workouts (usually the shorter ones), just to get a bit of variety to my workouts and they are KILLER.

I would just modify as you see fit, and if you're an Insanity grad, you should be ok.

Just a suggestion... and I will try this myself too... maybe don't use a timer the first time you do a workout, just concentrate on perfecting your form, then you can start using the timer to challenge yourself.

And she's my female crush too, what a body!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I've done a few of the workouts (usually the shorter ones), just to get a bit of variety to my workouts and they are KILLER.

I would just modify as you see fit, and if you're an Insanity grad, you should be ok.

Just a suggestion... and I will try this myself too... maybe don't use a timer the first time you do a workout, just concentrate on perfecting your form, then you can start using the timer to challenge yourself.

And she's my female crush too, what a body!

Yes, I will have to modify, and I dont have a timer yet, so i'll try that first, thank you for that tip! =D

yeah, she is hot, and she seems so sweet too!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    So, I think after my insanity ( if i feel like it) I may try one of the older workouts. Thanks again!
    Have you gotten great results with her workouts!?

Be careful not to totally burn yourself out, too! Those short workouts are all that Zuz does in a day, she says (besides living what is likely an active lifestyle). More is not always better when it comes to exercise.

I have gotten GREAT results (some before and after are on my profile) from her workouts and workouts like hers that I have made up myself (short, high intensity, typically <20) mins. I do some short runs (~ 3 miles or less) a couple times a week too, but that's about it.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I'm probably not going to try a workout tonight, since right now i have a sinus infection and my head is killing me...gotta take it easy...thanks so much for the info!
  • LauraPPate
    Options
    Hey

I just started BodyRocking a couple weeks ago and I LOVE the website!! I feel so much better about myself already. I always got sick of other workouts and didn't wanna take the time to do them but hers are quick and different every day. I've already noticed my hamstrings growing slightly. I need to focus on my diet and not constantly eating processed foods before I expect to see major changes in my abs or upper body. I've put on about 14 pounds from when I was at my skinniest but even then I was flabby. Technically, I only want to lose a few pounds but I plan to put on a lot of muscle mass and get rid of a lot of flab everywhere. I don't think I want to get quite as ripped as Zuzana, but she's the BEST inspiration I've come across yet.

My first workout was Booty Meets Abs. It's not too old. I didn't warm up or stretch properly because I underestimated how tough the workout would be. When I make sure to spend enough time preparing before and cooling down after, I only get the nice soreness the next day. You know, the "I worked out and I can tell" soreness. Not the "I can't even make it upstairs to shower" sore. I'm still waiting for my interval timer to arrive so I just do as many reps as she has and I don't worry too much about time yet. Up until yesterday I only used my body weight and it still got too tough at times. Last night however, I made my own 'weight bag', similar to her sandbag and I lovvved using it this morning. Mines half as heavy as hers but it felt more effective than using nothing.

I agree with kaitlinj as well. These workouts are probably all you'll need if you start doing them regularly. Zuzana does them 5+ days a week and that's all she does. Hope you start soon, you'll fall even more in love like the rest of us have. Good luck, let us know how you've made out after you try one!

Laura
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Thanks Laura! Just did booty meets abs, and I am sweating and feeling great!!!!!
  • LauraPPate
    Options
    So glad to hear you tried one! Sometimes I get mad half way through and want to give up but it's suuuch a nice feeling at the end. I'm really grateful to have found this site. It's a perfect complement to BodyRock. I didn't even realize the newsfeed makes it similar to facebook once you have friends added, thanks for adding me so I got to find that out :)
  • LittleD311
    Options
    So glad to hear you tried one! Sometimes I get mad half way through and want to give up but it's suuuch a nice feeling at the end. I'm really grateful to have found this site. It's a perfect complement to BodyRock. I didn't even realize the newsfeed makes it similar to facebook once you have friends added, thanks for adding me so I got to find that out :)

no problem, this is like my FB! I love it here! I did the booty meets abs workout last night, and it was hard, but i did it all...i dont have an interval timer, but i downloaded the gymboss app for my ipad, i dont really know how to work it right though! i was confused! but id id pretty well, and was shocked that i had about the same scores as Zuzana has!
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    Hey, another bodyrocker "Team Germany" here ;-))))

I'd love to have a couple of bodyrocker-friends to kick each other's butts and keep ourselves motivated and rocking!

I'm going to ask a couple of you guys -- feel free to add me, too. Short messages appreciated with the friend requests.

Just did "What You Want" without equipment though -- and I will now do my burpee for Erin.

Ciao Ciao!!! ;-)
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Hey, another bodyrocker "Team Germany" here ;-))))

I'd love to have a couple of bodyrocker-friends to kick each other's butts and keep ourselves motivated and rocking!

I'm going to ask a couple of you guys -- feel free to add me, too. Short messages appreciated with the friend requests.

Just did "What You Want" without equipment though -- and I will now do my burpee for Erin.

Ciao Ciao!!! ;-)

Awesome!!!! I did 3 burpees for Erin last night :(