How come...

Options
I'm stuck O:

So far I've only lost 3/4kg out of 34kg but for the last two weeks I've been stuck on a certain weight. I've not lost any more inches then before (or at least its no visible). I'm always under calorie allowence (sometimes by 150+) and tend to excerise at least three time a week for half an hour of good cardio.

What has happened? O:

Replies

• nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    you hit a plateau. try to switch up your exercise rountine.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your calories on a few days and go a little over, that might jumpstart your metabolism to kick up a few notches!
  • CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maybe start adding some resistance training...cardio is good to a point but improving your muscle gains will allow your body to continue the fat burning process long after you finish your workouts.

maybe start with some basics like pushups...and chair dips?
  • akane1087
    Options
    Try and switch up your workouts.. its good to have some cardio and some weight training. Strength training will actually help you loose more weight.. if you work out your legs.. squats, lunges, ect you will burn the most calories since it is the largest muscle in your body. Also dont always do the same work out or else you will have muscle memory.. do lots of different workouts! Hope this helps!
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. I opened my diary and asked folks that are doing well and have more knowledge than me to provide feedback. It was suggested that I needed to eat more - eat the calories that MFP tells me to. Granted this was only a couple days ago, so I don't have results yet, but I'm trying. You indicate that you are under goal by 150+ so maybe something to consider. I've also heard folks speaking about hitting a plateu and you have to change something (different workouts, etc) to get going again. Good luck.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body does get stuck. Are you eating enough calories? Throw a twist at yyourself. Sometimes the body gets accustom to the routine of eating XXXamount of calories and exercising XXX amount. Toss in a new workout - eat a little more for a day or two. Usually when I feel stuck I will over eat a bit and take a day or two off of exercise..
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so hard to advise.

Changing the exercise is always a good start. But I also question the under 150+ calories per day. If you are 150 under the 1200 min then you need to eat more and stay at the 1200.

Next I would ask if you are getting in all of your water. What are your protein and fiber levels? Both of those should exceed the MFP levels as they are very low.

Try and mx it all up and eat a bit more and see if that wroks!

You Can Do It!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I do eat over the 1200 don't worry O:

Now I've read what you guys have suggest I think I'll try playing about with my excersising, it does tend to be a lot of dancing on 'Just Dance'. I'll have a good luck round guys.

Thanks again, I've always had so much support and help from the message boards :3
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    You may be eating too little. If you don't eat enough, you're metabolism actually slows down. Like others said, mix up your routine. Sometimes your body gets so used to what you're doing that it's not a big deal anymore to do those same exercises.
  • Chainsaw_Flowerchild
    Options
    I switch my work out around every 2 months just for this reason. Keeps the body needing to adjust to the changes and it also keeps it interesting.