I've lost my first 20 pounds!

Options
I can't remember the last time I saw less than 240 on the scale, but I weighed in this morning at 239.6!! Surprisingly to me, this has mainly been due to drastic diet changes. My job keeps me pretty active which is nice, but I would still like to get back into the gym since it's been a while and I don't work every day. I never really seem to have a routine going into it though, so I usually just end up doing the bike and/or treadmill for an hour, which of course isn't bad, but I'm sure I'll see better/hopefully slightly faster results if I were to change things up a bit. I guess I'm trying to ask what workouts are most effective for someone of my size? I'd love to get some advice on this. Thanks!

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! In my experience, weight loss happens in the kitchen. Surprises me too every time I re-learn that tidbit. Well done!
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's hitting your calorie goals every day that will lead more to weight loss than exercise. That said, I find exercise crucial in keep me sane, motivated, happy, less stressed and - proud of the accomplishment. And I like exercising because I earn more calories to eat! I like having more stamina and feeling stronger. The exercises I like are Zumba and running and bicycling outdoors. I also hike once in awhile with a friend. Even a three mile walk is a nice way to get in some exercise. It's worth the drive to a nice park or trail, but a stroll around the neighborhood will do.
    Although the Zumba classes can be high impact, I just slide from side to side and skip the jumping. Sometimes I'm that gal that's stepping in place and wiggling her hips in time to the music instead of hopping all over.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what an amazing achievement!
  • OneofGodsfav
    OneofGodsfav Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights. While losing weight you'll maintain muscle. Being overweight you may even gain muscle too. I have been lifting and I am losing weight and gaining muscle. Not much but a measurable difference in my legs up .5". Cardio is great I do 2 days cardio and 2 days weights about to start 3 days of weights.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!