the chubby friend of the group.

Options
whats funny is that two days ago i realized that the girls i hang out with well...they are all small and in a size 0 to 6...
and to start off with i started off as a size 17 now in a size 14 YAY! but the thing is....well....it motivates me more to loose weight...but...i feel like im always going to be the chubby friend.. i could never fit even close to a size 6 at my smallest when i was in hs i still only was a size 8... but i was also 5'3 and 125 lbs..... 5 years later....5'3 and 205 to start out...
i guess im just venting...and i know everyones body is different...but i dont feel like ill be happy till i get back down to that size again...heck id be happy at 140lbs... ive been working on my weightloss since june 7th...and been pushing myself..and only 22lbs later... only at 183....
i want to be the after picture and i never wanted to be the before....ugg..

Replies

• mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You will be the 'after' picture as long as you keep it up and be patient. To lost 22 pounds in 2 months is GREAT. Remember, you don't want to be skinny JUST to be skinny. You want to be healthy and happy and keep the weight off. To do that, you're gonna have to go slow. Hang in there!!!

Oh - and keep measurements, too. There were days I didn't lose pounds, but I lost inches, and that is a great motivator to keep going!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have always been the chubby friend. Even when I weighed 150lbs. I totally understand how you feel. Forget where they are and focus on getting yourself where you want to be. 2 sizes lost is great. Be patient, be honest, be dedicated to recording what you eat and get your exercise. You can do this! (before you know it, you will be the skinny friend.!!):flowerforyou:
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    Well just because your not as small as everyone else would not make you the chubby one. I have a group of friends that are athletic & one that is not. I am the smallest person in the non-athletic group but still not the smallest in my group of workout friends so I guess I would be the chubby one lol. Plus thin doesn't not mean healthy. Healthy is far more important! :)
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Maybe you won't see the skinniest. You will be the hottest though. Size 0 is off putting. However, friendship isnt about competition.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Im the chubby sister everyone hits on my twin first *sigh* I like the way you think maybe I should start using her as motivationg too!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh I so understand where you are coming from, I think none of my friends weigh more than 120 lbs. (and they're all 5'6+)! I have always always been the chubby friend. But I've now lost 50 lbs. and still have more to go, but we all hung out the other night, and it was the first time I didn't feel like the chubby friend (in comparison I was still a lot bigger, but I didn't FEEL that way!)

So keep going! You're doing great, and the scale may say you're bigger than them, but if you are happy with yourself, you'll stop noticing the size :)
  • laurenpence
    Options
    I know how you feel all my friends where 0 or 2.....me I am in a size 8. Even though I am more fit then them (they cant workout the way I do) I still feel like the big girl of the group. I have started to realize lately that I would rater be a size 8 and be fit like I am then a size 0 with no shape at all......skin and bones is not sexy!
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was a size 14 on my wedding day (tall- but still!) and all of my bridesmaids were a size 2 to a 6... one of the size two's was even pregnant... needless to say- some guests jokingly accused me of starving my bridesmaids! Yah- like I'd starve them and not myself? Haha.

I will ALWAYS be bigger than those girls because they are featherweights. I'm built big, I'll stay big... hopefully much thinner- but I can't shrink my bone size or my height (until I'm old).

So- the point to my ramble is- Have confidence that you're going to be your healthiest self at whatever goal weight you achieve. Keep up your hard work! You deserve to be happy with your accomplishments!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I secretly hate it when I'm the fattest person in a group. I don't need to be the thinnest, just please don't let me be the fattest. *sigh*
  • Speedy89
    Speedy89 Posts: 64
    Options
    Coming from a man, the size 0-2 skin and bones look is not nearly as attractive as a fit woman who looks healthy enough to keep up with me.