HRM - best place to buy

Options
Hello. i have been using the my fitness pal app on my phone for a long time, i just didnt know there was a website to go with it...!

I am looking to buy a HRM that also counts cals burned. I am just wondering where is the cheapest place to buy one? i am from canada if that makes a difference.

thanks friends.

Replies

• AmberM6912
    Options
    Try amazon.com or heartratemonitorusa.com. I got mine through amazon and was able to get a good deal plus free shipping!
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    Amazon.com... the one I was pricing at $109 in stores is only $77.70 on Amazon.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Ebay is a good place as well...
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT7 from Amazon.com for about $75 and it was worth every penny!
    Same one was $109 at REI, Sports Authority, Best Buy etc....

Please get one with a chest strap or you will regret it.... cheaper is not better if you want accuracy.
  • khicks91011
    khicks91011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I got a great one at Target..Its a NewBalance N4, has a chest strap and is very comfortable. It was $69...and i tell you when i started using it is when i started to loose. I had been on MFP for a month or maybe 6 weeks before i got it. Happy shopping!!
  • eracman
    eracman Posts: 22
    Options
    Amazon.com for sure, although it may depend on which one you want. I priced out the Polar FT60 online and in all the local stores that carry Polar. Everywhere it was at least $199. I got it on Amazon.com for $150 (From a reputable seller, 24 Hour Fitness, not a tiny questionable online retailer).
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Please get one with a chest strap or you will regret it.... cheaper is not better if you want accuracy.

yes, i have been reading other posts and i was going to pot for one with a chest strap.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I got the FT4 from Amazon for either $50 or $60. Can't remember. It's "bronze" which was cheaper than black or white...
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    amazon doesnt have the ft4 to ship to canada...
  • LadyKatarina
    LadyKatarina Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I totally agree with the above post. I have the exact same HRM. (Polar FT7) It tracks my calories, Heart Rate, keeps track of the length of time I exercise...I love it. Best $75 I spent on exercise related items. I would highly recommend it One very small downside, the sound of the beep to keep your heart in the target zone is very quiet..but I don't use that anyway.

~Kat

~Kat