5’1” paleo lifestyle and halfway to my better body at 30!

Options
Long title but sums it all up. I’m literally just looking for fitness pals to talk to and share diet and excersize tips

I just turned 30, work as a pastry chef and am almost 20lbs down and have been diligently working out for 7months straight

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! My 31st was in March. :)

I am on the autoimmune paleo protocol, hopefully transition to a more personalized diet. how do you handle working as a pastry chef on the paleo diet?
  • clioisms
    clioisms Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! And happy late birthday to you too! Has AIP help you? Do you feel better?

In the first 2 months it was super hard but I’ve been able to be paleo for 10 months! I only taste what I have too for work like little tastes but when I choose to eat something is when I try to do better. It’s still hard sometimes with all the recipe testing but I combat it mostly with fruit
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot better. I have been at it for 2 years - the first year was tough as I went through an awful flare and couldn't absorb anything. Then all of a sudden, I started gaining weight (my goal), and everything else fell into place. I still have tons of healing to do, but after years of figuring out my diet, this has been the best one.

At first I couldn't even tolerate most aip friendly food, but now I can eat sweet potatoes, dates, broccoli and other carbs just fine. I have also reintroduced black pepper, whole eggs, and some potato. And I went to Egypt recently to visit family, and was able to stray a bit with minimal issues (I couldn't resist some treats!) So that was a huge plus!

It is a huge hurdle at first, but once I realized how simple it can be, I learned to eat A variety of food. I think it's great you give yourself some grace with tasting food at work. Nobody is 100% perfect. :)
  • clioisms
    clioisms Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That’s amazing! I’m so happy you found success with the diet and are able to stray a bit with no pain! It really is such a healing way to eat and makes you be creative with what you have, and paleo definitely offers enough to be creative with, how far away are you from your goal if you don’t mind me asking? What’s been your favorite thing to eat on paleo?

Thank you! I try, no ones perfect but being paleo forces me to make better choices even when I’m eating something now 100% paleo. Once I reach my goal I’m just going to be paleo during the work week when I’m prone to snacking and relax a little on my days off