2 extra miles (I am at 5 total)
    100 toe touches
    under cals
    over water
    and over 5 hours of house cleaning!!
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    I haven't looked at anyone's diary, so I'm REALLY not trying to call anyone out!! But I heard it mentioned a couple times that it is no longer part of the official challenge to look at calories and water (we aren't getting points for it). I'd like to suggest that we continue this as a team challenge - to stay under on calories and over on water daily. It's SO important, and will help us in the end. I know everyone has rough days, and again - I haven't looked so I really don't know what you all are doing!! But I think if we make this commitment to one another, it will help us to hold each other accountable and help us individually and as a team. Much love and respect to EVERYONE!! We are doing great!!!!
  • searbear1980
    Options
    All Challenges completed. Under calories over water. Plus 2 miles towards team extra miles
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Under cals, 64 on H20, mtn. climbers done, crunches done & 4 miles extra for the 100.

Have a great day tomorrow!!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!

I have a question about the mountain climbers. Are we counting left leg 1, right leg 1, left leg 2, right leg 2 or left leg 1, right leg 2, left leg 3, right leg 4, etc?

If it's the first way then I did 50 mountain climbers last night. If it's the 2nd way then I did 2 sets of 50 = 100 mountain climbers. I also did 50 crunches and I biked an extra 5.5 miles last night to add to our 200-mile challenge!!! (ran a scheduled 4-ish). I also drank 15 glasses of water and was under my calorie goal!!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    So my recipe is for a snack. It's sort of a fruit salad.

It's pretty easy.

Combine your choice of berries into a large bowl. I like to use blueberries and strawberries. Raspberries and blackberries can be good too.

Toss about half a 16oz bag of white chocolate chips with your berries. Drizzle all of it with a little bit of lime or lemon juice, to taste. I like to also toss it with a little gran marnier just for chuckles and grins.

Because so much of this recipe is to taste, you'd need to enter it into the recipe section on MFP to figure out your exact nutrition facts for this snack. It's colorful and festive for July 4 (red, white and blue if you use strawberries and blueberries). It's also a gerat use of how wonderful the fruits are in the summertime. And the white chocolate chips give it a nice sweetness and the grand marnier a little kick.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    OK, I posted a recipe last week, but I'm not sure it counts towards the challenge, so here's another one I love. It's from the Better Homes & Gardens Eat Well, Lose Weight cookbook, which is full of great simple recipes that use real ingredients. http://www.amazon.com/Well-Lose-Weight-comb-Great-Tasting/dp/0470540311/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313074937&sr=8-2

Curried Beef with Apple Couscous
    Calories: 340
    Fat: 9g
    Cholesterol: 46 mg
    Protein: 25g
    Carbs: 44g
    Fiber: 7g
    Sodium: 430 mg

1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1" thick
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 teaspoon canola oil
    2 medium red and/or green sweet peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
    1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
    1 tablespoon curry powder
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
    2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
    1 cup whole wheat couscous
    1 medium tart green apple (such as Granny Smith), cored and coarsely chopped
    1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts

1. Trim fat from steak. Lightly sprinkle steak with salt and black pepper.
    2. For a charcoal grill, place steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 14-18 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F) or 18-22 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F). For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.
    3. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet pepper and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Add curry powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the water, apple juice, and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling. Stir in couscous and apple. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
    4. To serve, fluff couscous mixture with a fork. thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve with steak slices over couscous mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 6 servings.
    *Broiler Directions: Preheat broiler. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 inches from heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling. Allow 15-17 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 20-22 minutes for medium.

***I often just make the couscous part of this recipe as a quick, easy, super-tasty side dish for whatever else I'm eating. And I use homemade vegetable stock instead of water and bouillon which keeps the sodium lower.

Curriedbeefwithapplecouscous.jpg
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    sorry late check in but i did finish challenges yesterday.. didnt have access to comp all day
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Recipe for the week: Notes Cooking the chicken over high heat quickly gives it a nicely browned look and taste without needing to deep fry. Fresh orange juice in the sauce and lots of vegetables keep the dish and the nutrition balanced. Ingredients 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup fresh orange juice 2 teaspoons cornstarch 4 teaspoons peanut oil 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 pint small, sweet mixed peppers, quartered, or 2 mixed bell peppers, cut into 1-inch strips 6 scallions, whites cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces, greens cut into 1-inch pieces and thinly sliced vertically into thin strips 8 ounces snow peas, trimmed Serving suggestion, cooked brown rice Chopped peanuts for sprinkling, optional 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, chili-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice and cornstarch; set aside. 2. Meanwhile, coat the chicken with 2 teaspoons oil and heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper and cook, turning occasionally with a wooden spoon, 2 minutes. Transfer the partially-cooked chicken to a plate. Reserve the pan. 3. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the pan; add the peppers, scallion whites, and snow peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the reserved chicken; whisk the sauce again and add it to the pan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over rice and sprinkle with the scallion greens and peanuts, if using.
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at anyone's diary, so I'm REALLY not trying to call anyone out!! But I heard it mentioned a couple times that it is no longer part of the official challenge to look at calories and water (we aren't getting points for it). I'd like to suggest that we continue this as a team challenge - to stay under on calories and over on water daily. It's SO important, and will help us in the end. I know everyone has rough days, and again - I haven't looked so I really don't know what you all are doing!! But I think if we make this commitment to one another, it will help us to hold each other accountable and help us individually and as a team. Much love and respect to EVERYONE!! We are doing great!!!!

I agree! I am guilty of slacking off because I didnt have to do it, I have been staying under and drinking my water, but just barely and with no GUSTO like last week!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur = ALL SET!! :D

Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • lore112
    lore112 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know we are sending in nightly updates through private message but I would like to still post here...at least today..It keeps me accountable.

100 jacks
    100 stair climbers
    3 sets of 21
    under cals
    way over water 128oz
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thursday's Challenge (flip-flopped with Tuesday because of rain) 50 swimmer's presses + 1 extra mile run, done. I ran a total of 4.5 miles today (my 2 scheduled for the day, 1 for the challenge, and 1.5 towards our 200 miles)
    Bonus challenge: drink 100 oz of water, done. I've had 15 glasses (120 oz) so far.
    Under calories: done
    Recipe posted: done

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • megabux
    Options
    August 11 Week 2 Day 4 3 Sets if 21's-DONE (2-5lb weights) 100 jumping jacks-DONE Bonus Challenge: 100+oz of water-DONE (120oz and counting) Team Weekly Challenge Miles: 2 (9 total so far) Great day people! Keep on keepin on....its almost Sunday!! (rest day lol)
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Under calories, over water. 3 sets of 21's, 100 jumping jacks, done, done. This girl is done for the day. :)
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    done! as of today 6 miles out of 8 miles done
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Omg todays workout kicked my *kitten*!!!!!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't think this one has been posted yet, but if not, I will have to find a new recipe...

I am a very simple person when it comes to things I make for myself, so here it goes...

Taco Salad (my own version)

ground turkey- I use the whole container (which I believe is 20 oz.)
    black beans-I use 1 can
    salsa-I use East Coast Fresh Cuts-Fresh Salsa (you can mix it in with the turkey & black beans or add it as a topping to your salad)-of course you could always make your own salsa :)
    lettuce/salad mix
    mushrooms-I sometimes get the canned ones with "no salt added" or buy the fresh cut ones (just to put more veggies in it-I know, I am weird)
    Mrs. Dash-Southwest Chipotle (I use this now instead of chili or taco seasoning as this has no sodium in it)

I brown the turkey (breaking up into small bits), add the Mrs. Dash seasoning, then add the can of black beans and the mushrooms (mushrooms optional of course). By memory, I couldn't tell you how long it takes to brown the turkey, etc. (I know, I am terrible @ this recipe creating business!)

I then take some of it (usually makes about 4-5 servings) and spread it across a plate of salad. Topping w/cheese (sometimes I use the reduced fat cheese) and sour cream (light). My mom likes to use Tostitos to scoop some of it up and eat some of it like a dip, but I don't do chips anymore.

(NOTE: I tend to use the Shadybrook Farms brand-93/7, which I recently heard there was a recall on due to poisoning, so your choice of brand, of course)

nutritional info (varies by brand and quantity that you use):
    Nature's Promise - Organic Black Beans, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 420 cal, 74 carbs, 0 fat, 455 sodium, 21 fiber, 0 sugar
    Shadybrook Farms - Ground Turkey 93/7 Lean, 1.25 container (16 oz ea.) 800 cal, 0 carbs, 40 fat, 425 sodium, 0 fiber, 0 sugar
    Stop and Shop - Sliced Mushrooms, 4 ounces drained 30 cal, 4 carbs, 0 fat, 550 sodium, 3 fiber, 0 sugar
    East Coast Fresh Cuts - Fresh Salsa - 16 oz. (454g), 76 g (2 Tbsp) 20 cal, 4 carbs, 0 fat, 720 sodium, 0 fiber, 0 sugar

(with 4 servings, per serving is 318 calories, 21 carbs, 10 fat, 538 sodium, 6 fiber, 0 sugar-plus the calories for the salad, cheese, and sour cream you use)
  • lore112
    lore112 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Here is my nightly update
    100 jumping jacks
    50 globe jumps (killer)
    100 stair climbs
    4 extra miles for the group walk
    under cals and right on water

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and a glorious weekend!
  • megabux
    Options
    August 12th Week 2 Day 5: 50 Globe Jumps-DONE (screw those FYI) 100 Jumping Jacks-DONE 100 Stair Climbers-DONE (120 actually) Team Bonus Challenge Mileage: 1.5 (10.5 total for me so far)

OMG is all I can say, I know you guys are feeling it just like me, but CONGRATS!! for doing this, total rock stars, i love it!