Hoping to make friends with some BEASTS!! Weightlifting ladies where are you :)

Options
sheerjay
sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
edited April 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hiya Peeps. Im trying to find some friends who have gone thru the adjustment of Cardio Bunny to Weightlifting Beast.

Hopefully ladies that have an open food diary for ideas and can help with questions or a bump in the right direction as I figure this new lifestyle out

Its Day 1 of switching my goals and low-cal-mindset. After 4ish years of cal reduction of 1400 cals a day ( lost 30kg from it) , Im going to start a metabolism reset....bumping up to maintenance cals 2000 HUGE JUMP for 3-6 months while focusing on learning weight lifting at the gym....down the track i can do cut/bulk to build some more muscle :) ..... anyone done this?

Friend me :smile:

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I was never a cardio bunny. I'm eating 2000ish calories. I gain weight on this. I don't mean to do it. I'm just a *kitten*.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a cardio bunny but I used to do my fair share for sure! Lol
    Now I learned how to use moderation and portion control so I'm much better off.
    I'm currently doing PHUL and maintain on about 2300 with very little cardio.
  • NASAbound
    NASAbound Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Heyo! I used to be all about getting as slim and tiny as possible, basically just eating my BMR, which is down around 1100-1300 calories a day!
    Then, about 3 years ago, I discovered the joys of lifting things up and putting them back down, I've never looked back! I even have my first competitive powerlifting meet in 7 weeks :)

All the online calculators have told me I should be gaining on ~1800 calories a day, but I just bumped myself up to 2100 and am losing/maintaining, so it all depends on how hard you're pushing and how efficient your body works. I've never done a big jump like you're planning, I generally stick to smaller changes as I find it's easier to identify trends and make tweaks, but more power to you!

I've got an open diary and my meals generally look the same all the time as I meal prep (except today since I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday for lunch :P)
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I was a cardio bunny for a solid year and was on a 1200 calorie diet for about 2 years. I got interested in powerlifting and have been bulking for 17 months. When I started bulking I was at 1600 calories, then 1800, 2000 and now 2200. Most of the weight I gained was in the first few months, then the weight gain gradually tapered. The only "cardio" I do now is walking on the treadmill. I lift 5x/week. My lifts are squat 248/bench 115/deadlift 309
  • jacesmom4930
    jacesmom4930 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oooh!!! I am a huge fan of weights!!

Was super fit in my late 20s. I have lots of experience with weight lifting and diet plans.

I’m 43 now, have about 40 lbs. to lose but thinking about competing next year with a friend.
    I’m not breaking any weight lifting records yet but I’m working hard.

I love talking about lifting plans, cutting, bulking....all of it!

Add me if you like!!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Oooh!!! I am a huge fan of weights!!

Was super fit in my late 20s. I have lots of experience with weight lifting and diet plans.

I’m 43 now, have about 40 lbs. to lose but thinking about competing next year with a friend.
    I’m not breaking any weight lifting records yet but I’m working hard.

I love talking about lifting plans, cutting, bulking....all of it!

Add me if you like!!

Competing in...weight lifting/powerlifting/bikini?
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    44 and just starting CrossFit...I'm hooked!