Calories Earned..

Options
When I work out, the calories get added to my daily allowance (which you all know). However, should I be eating all of them? I believe my calorie goal for weight loss is 1400 calories, which I'm pretty good at sticking to, but I also know I need more fuel when I work out. How do I know how many of those earned calories to eat? If anyone has feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1507284.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I only eat mine back once or twice a week.
  • gadjank
    gadjank Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree that when you're more active you need more fuel, and it's important to do that. But if you want to continue to lose, you need to stay a bit under what you're allowed, I think. Bottom line is that you need to burn more than you take in overall.
  • chynafox
    chynafox Posts: 30
    Options
    I think you should at least eat back some of them. They should be nutrient dense and healthy, though. Not just anything because the calories add up. If you're eat 1,400 and you burn 500cals it's really like you only consumed 900 calories. That is not good for muscle building. You have to feed that muscle to keep it strong and gorgeous!
  • laurenpence
    Options
    i used to not eat back any but then my energy levels started dropping so now i eat back half of them and that keeps my energy up and my weight loss going strong.....its all about learning how yoru body feels and what it needs......its all trial and error. Not one thing will work for everyone
  • PaulaAnn143
    Options
    i sometimes do dip in to them but always make sure to leave 300 to 400 for calculation mistakes.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Babies die if you don't eat half. Puppies get kicked. Kittens are stepped on. Vegetarians are fed beef. Vegans are force fed dairy. Pacifists are forced to fight. It's really awful.

Also, there is a search function for the forums.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    No way! There IS? You're kidding!
  • ilookthetype
    Options

If there were a 'like' button, I would seriously considering clicking it right now.

Aw, you say the sweetest things.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat all of mine. The site is designed so that you have a constant calorie deficit regardless of workout, so it wants you to eat what you earn to maintain this constant deficit. It picks this deficit for a reason. It is what you need to reach the weekly goal you told it you wanted to reach.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Be careful, last time I nicely pointed this feature out to someone I had people jumping down my throat for "being rude/attacking the OP"
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

Be careful, last time I nicely pointed this feature out to someone I had people jumping down my throat for "being rude/attacking the OP"
    I'd LOVE to see someone try with HER!!!
    I'd have to pop some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show...
  • ilookthetype
    Options

If there were a 'like' button, I would seriously considering clicking it right now.

Aw, you say the sweetest things.

I said consider- not that I would for sure. God, don't be so needy.

;-)

Gotta be mean to me just before you leave, don't you!
  • ilookthetype
    Options

I'd LOVE to see someone try with HER!!!
    I'd have to pop some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show...

Q what do you think I'd do? I never get in fights with OPs or anything like that.
  • chynafox
    chynafox Posts: 30
    Options
    When I work out, the calories get added to my daily allowance (which you all know). However, should I be eating all of them? I believe my calorie goal for weight loss is 1400 calories, which I'm pretty good at sticking to, but I also know I need more fuel when I work out. How do I know how many of those earned calories to eat? If anyone has feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1507284.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND; IF YOU BURN 200 CALORIES WORKING OUT, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO EAT 200 LESS THAT DAY- SO, 1200 INSTEAD OF 1400.

...what??
  • chrissandra
    chrissandra Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those of you who were kind enough to leave helpful feedback. When I have more than just a 5-minute break to search the forums, I will do so. I had just hoped someone might have an answer or two they could give before I went and did my work out for today.