ideal workout plan for intermediate (5 months)

Options
abhishekkushwaha233
abhishekkushwaha233 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been doing 8-9 exercise per muscle group 6 days a week for 5 months . Now i can lift heavy in some exercises ,( barbell bench press has been the weakest but rest of the chest exercises are ok),moderate weight on biceps and triceps but considerably heavy weight on back and legs.

Due to some reasons diet was hindered and i lost 2 kg of body weight, but still i am able to progressively increase the weights i lift (with a fewer exceptions)
The overall body structure is changed but it is not visible on cloths.
On the top of everything i have gone from 59.6kg to 66 and now back to 64kg, last month i resumed after a ten day gap and the body weight and overall size is not increasing.
So i changed my workout volume from 9 exercises to 5-6 exercise per muscle group 6 days a week. I started taking protein concentrate, i eat about 2500-3000 calories (height 5.f11inch, current weight 64kg).
So the question is ...
What should be my workout plan from now onward ?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @ 5 months in you would still be considered a beginner. Check out the list above, but I would stick with a beginner program until you max out your gains, then move on to intermediate. I like PHAT and PHUL for intermediate, but may not be what you are looking for, depending on your goals.

That said. 9 exercises (even 5-6) per body part seems like overkill.

Also, expecting results in 10 days is not realistic. Building muscle takes months or even years, though depending on your age, young male, months may be realistic.
  • abhishekkushwaha233
    abhishekkushwaha233 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    6 days goes like
    chest
    Back
    Triceps
    Biceps
    Shoulder
    Legs

This routine was given by my trainer.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    @ 5 months in you would still be considered a beginner. Check out the list above, but I would stick with a beginner program until you max out your gains, then move on to intermediate. I like PHAT and PHUL for intermediate, but may not be what you are looking for, depending on your goals.

That said. 9 exercises (even 5-6) per body part seems like overkill.

Also, expecting results in 10 days is not realistic. Building muscle takes months or even years, though depending on your age, young male, months may be realistic.

Not necessarily. I hit intermediate programming at just over 3 months. I was unable to put additional weight on the bar every session and it took up to a week to realize gains and add more weight. Older athletes and less male athletes (read as hormone differences) can run out of novice programs relatively quickly.

Now I agree, with what the OP wrote, he likely would benefit from a true novice program. I have never seen a body part split that can add strength for a novice as quickly as a full body 3-day. Granted since they already lift it might not even last 3 months but why not try to get stronger then move PHAT or PHUL if looks are driving reason for lifting?