is it harder for someone around 115 lbs to lose more weight?

Options
I've been eating under my calorie count for the last 6 months but i havent lost any weight yet, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    they say the more you weigh, the more calories you burn.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    First of all eating under your calorie count will put your body in starvation mode and not let you lose weight.

And at 115 lbs, how much more weight are you seriously trying to lose? Maybe your body is in it's happy place even if you're stuck on wanting a smaller number.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Probably need to give some more information - how old are you? how tall are you? what is your target for daily calories, and is that a reasonable number, and how far under it are you eating? 115 lbs is pretty low weight for an adult (I'm assuming you must be a short, petite woman at that weight) - your body may not let you lose more. It may be time to focus more on toning up what you have, if you are still displeased with your appearance, rather than trying to lose more weight, but without more information, it's hard to say.
  • MICHELLEPLUS5
    Options
    Why would you even try???? I am sure not many are going to feel bad for you. You need to eat inleast 1200 calories per day or your body will be in starvation mode!! You do not sound like you need to lose any weight unless you are 4 ft tall maybe.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I weigh less than that, but it took me about 1 month to lose the last 1 pound I lost. I am thinking that I won't reach goal weight for another couple months. The less you weigh the longer it takes to lose the weight.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said, and it's also hard to say why you aren't losing weight without being able to look at your food diary. If you are eating high sodium and processed foods this could be why you aren't losing. But I mostly think if you are 115 (although I don't know how tall you are) it may just be your body's way of saying you are good at where you are.
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    try switching up your workout routine and not eating back all your exercise calories (I only eat back half of mine if any at all). Also, have you taken measurements? you could be losing fat but toning muscle.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    well now... that's dumb.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    well now... that's dumb.

I would like to hug you.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    The answer is NOPE, not hard at all.
    * You need to set to the right calories, which will give you less lose a week, which mean you might want to up your calories depends on how hard you workout. That could mean you might need to eat more.
    * Make sure you eat your exercises calories back (if you are using MFP tool to adjust your net)
    * Eat healthy - whole food (fresh vegi, fruits, whole grain, meats, fish, etc). Lot less process food
    * Exercises smart - 2 to 3 times strength training (lift heavy), add cardio workout that you like to do (whatever make you happy and want to keep doing it)

Cannot see much on your page, so that's as general as I can try to help with.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    well now... that's dumb.

I would like to hug you.

I like hugs and always welcome them :)
  • odusgolp
    Options
    It has a lot to do with gravity and the relative forces that the atmospheric pressures in your particular climate exert on your body, and also your heart. You need to find one of the fitness experts who is also an astrophysicist.

Totally wise. That's absolutely what you need to do.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I've done it before, though NOT on purpose. It was stress and depression. I am almost certain that was NOT the way to go about it, definitely not the healthy way. Oh, and I looked anorexic at 100 pounds, not cute, fit and trim. But, I'm 5'5', so I could be a foot taller than you.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just read your profile: "I don't usually go to the gym or anything so my weight loss will probably take even longer. "

Well, yeah that won't help too much... Not saying you cannot lose though
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Ignore the snarky comments. This is a fitness site. I'm all for being funny and I have a very sarcastic sense of humor myself, but being rude and mean is uncalled for. Lets not forget what makes MFP such a wonderful place.

Without having more info though it's really hard to help you. If you open your diary up I can take a look. How tall are you? It's not just the quantity of the food you eat it's the nutritional quality of your calories. About how many calories are you taking in per day? What is your goal?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    In all serious. you should open your diary and post a picture of yourself. Do you know your BMI? I'm kind of afraid that maybe your on the too thin side.

edit.. oh, just stats would work, don't need a picture. Glad there are some people who know what they are talking about.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I will give serious help and advice if you add me and let me know your height and open your diary.

To those who are upset that someone 115 lbs wants to lose weight...keep in mind that not all bodies are the same. I have friends on here that are STRONG, fit, and healthy at 100 lbs. Height matters.
    My happy weight is under 110.

(Dizzyferg is one of those strong, fit, tiny people. Love ya Dizz, you rock!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    It is definitely hard. Please feel free to add me as a support. I am 5"1 and 111 pounds and I am trying to get to 105, my original weight a year ago. I try 30 day shred recently completed it on Monday, I have a personal trainer, and I walk weekends for 90 minutes. So far, my weight is stable between 112-110. Few times for couple days 109.6, but that's it. I have healthy diet overall. When you closer to your goal, it is more of a challenge and less exercise is probably ideal. I work out 6 days a week, strength training, cardio, etc. and currently doing walking and one training session a week. I would love to add someone else who is similar to our goals for support!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm with Dizz and Robin on this. You can but it will be difficult. Now...to those of you that believe you can't be strong and healthy below a certain weight...don't judge. I weigh 87 pounds at the moment, I'm not quite 5 feet tall and yet I carry my daughter who is almost 8 and 55 pounds up the stairs nightly. It's about being healthy...I weighed 115 when I was 7 months pregnant, lol.