I finally see what everyone else sees when I look in the mirror - someone healthy and fit

Options
lionessNV
lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
d40almidcewa.jpg
vmkn0lcrtr4l.jpg

The first set of pictures the before picture was in February 2017 and the after was 6 months in. The second set of pictures, before same as first but the after was taken earlier today. I let myself go the beginning of this year due to burn out from last year, but these past three weeks I've been working hard. Running and sometimes kickboxing for my cardio and yoga for my strength. Now that spring is here I can start riding my bike daily to work. This is the first week it looks like I can ride each day - the ride is about 2 miles one way.

Anyway, the reason I'm sharing my pictures is because even though I let myself go for a couple months I'm still pretty proud of what I've accomplished. I am the same weight now as in the before picture, but guess what?! The person I see in the mirror today is what everyone else sees - a healthy, fit woman.

Replies

• dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    great!
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! It does take awhile for your own brain to register that you look different. I took my sister shopping and found some pretty clothes for myself. I picked up some jeans and my sister said, "Nope, you need the next size or two smaller." I felt I looked the same, but my weight loss really did translate into smaller clothes. A couple months later, I began noticing that I was looking much healthier. What a weird thing!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your success!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!