100lbs to Lose!

Options
lette89
lette89 Posts: 2 Member
Hello there! Mother of 2 (both c-sections) and recently just got back on this app. I'm having a hard time trying to lose this weight (baby weight plus some lol) I have 100lbs to lose and could use some tips from people who have lost a similar amount

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key.

To that end, it can be helpful to set small, manageable goals that will help you achieve your overall goals. If you need more veggies in your diet, focus on eating more veggies until that is a consistent habit, then find something else about your diet to tweak.

Same with exercise. Just move more. Once you are moving consistently, search for more exciting ways to move. Maybe you always wanted to try Salsa? There is not time like the present.

Remember that your log is just information, there is no reason to fudge the numbers or feel bad about them. They are a tool that you use to improve yourself.
  • GottaClue
    GottaClue Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yes! 2 sections and 2 cancer surgeries so I'm right there with you. I lost 50 about 5 years ago and then just hung out maintaining the loss. Now I'm back to finish the rest. Friend me. It's totally doable in a sustainable way.
  • becker201175
    becker201175 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I also have over 100 pounds to lose! I'm a mom, too, but my boys are in middle and high school. I've tried the fad diets in the past-Paleo, (now it's keto), etc. I came to fitness pal just wanting to balance my life and keep track of calories and nutrients and lose the weight in a way where I can keep it off. Friend me please!!
  • adarbyem
    adarbyem Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. CICO (Calories IN /Calories OUT) is the key.
    2. Weigh your food and log accurately.
    3. Figure out your TDEE and subtract 500 per day for 1lb/week or 1000 per day for 2lb/week loss.
    D. Consistency

Best of luck on your journey! A final tip, always take some time each day to read someone's success story, it's great inspiration and motivation to keep going.
  • pilotsroo
    pilotsroo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 2 little boys (3.5 and 1) and have also piled on the weight. I had postnatal depression (still struggling with anxiety) and I believe that was the main cause for my weight gain. I have a MAX of 100lbs to lose (or 50kg...I speak in Kilos). I'm not sure what my goal weight really is so I am aiming for 50kg but see how I feel a long the way. I am absolutely terrible at losing weight lol so I can't help you but letting you know you are not alone :smiley:
  • lette89
    lette89 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    As others have said, logging your food every day as accurately as you can so you come in just under your calorie allowance for the day will get you to where you want to be. I found using a food scale helped a lot. For instance, eyeballing a serving of cheese was inaccurate. I was eating more than an ounce of cheese per serving, but logging just one ounce, so my logging was all wrong. A food scale is pretty inexpensive ($15 or so). Buy one!