I'm trying to lose 120 lbs

I feel like a slug and would like to lose weight I just started today and failed to exercise or eat under my calories. I'm depressed.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I feel like a slug and would like to lose weight I just started today and failed to exercise or eat under my calories. I'm depressed.

you dont have to exercise and you dont eat under your calories. if you use mfps method you eat to your calories.exercise will change how your body looks and gives you stamina and you can gain strength and endurance. but weight loss is all about a calorie deficit. set your MFP to lose 2lbs a week and eat to that goal. if you exercise eat at least half your exercise calories back,and gauge your loss in say 2 months time to see whats happening. if losing too fast eat more exercise calories back,if not losing anything or very slowly eat less back. and remember weight loss is not linear so some weeks you will lose,some you wont and some you may gain due to many factors. look for the downward trend in loss
  • the_journey
    the_journey Posts: 3 Member
    Don't look at the end goal as what you need to accomplish by tomorrow - or it will seem impossible when you have a lot to lose. Know that it IS possible, one pound at a time. If you didn't make you goals today, don't throw in the towel! You don't get to the destination if you stop after one wrong turn or ten. Set yourself up for success - change up your day and routine so you can do this - food prep is very important. I suggest some motivational support from podcasts - turn one on and go out for a walk for 15 minutes or more. Check out successful youtube vloggers who are working to successfully drop way more than 100 pounds- like fat girl fed up, and back to chubby. Love them!
  • xxzoiiexx
    xxzoiiexx Posts: 51 Member
    Take it one step at a time. Its a journey. Don't let one day bring you down. Stay focused, you got this.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Hey there! By coincidence I just reached 120 lbs down, it can be done! It took me a year and a half. That's a really short period of time looking back. And I am so much healthier and stronger today. You can do this! No one is perfect at anything when they first start out, learning to eat right and exercise consistently is a skill that you will learn and get better at as you go along. So you messed up your first day - if you started a new job, wouldn't you expect to make mistakes on your first day?

I suggest logging everything for a week before trying any changes, so you can look at your habits and see what is easiest to change. For example, there may be foods you don't want to have in your house for a while, or places, people, or situations which lead you to overeat. Once you know where your problem areas are it's easier to make changes.

Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend.