Plateau (I think)

Options
Whats up guys, im 22 from cali, and I lost 115ish pounds in the span of a year. Original weight 356.6 now 240.8 (good day). I lost it doing IF/IIFYM, but I seem to have plateaud, I have remained the same weight for 2 months. Given Ive done zero cardio to lose my weight, any suggestions to break the plateau?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You lost weight by being in a calorie deficit. As you've lost weight, that same amount of calories is your maintenance level. You need to eat less. Go back to setup, and start using a food scale.
  • ArdyNahid
    ArdyNahid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You lost weight by being in a calorie deficit. As you've lost weight, that same amount of calories is your maintenance level. You need to eat less. Go back to setup, and start using a food scale.
    Well ive been on a calories deficit for 6 months, my daily calorie intake is 1800-2000cals, my bmr is 2300. Thats where im stuck
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    ArdyNahid wrote: »
    Well ive been on a calories deficit for 6 months, my daily calorie intake is 1800-2000cals, my bmr is 2300. Thats where im stuck
    Your calorie goal is good, but your calorie intake has not been 1800-2000 (if so, you would have continued losing weight). Tighten up your logging. A food scale might be necessary at this point.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Have reset your calories everytime you updated your weight? I only ask this because my partner was not doing this, he was all good for 6 months then 2 months ago he was gaining or not losing for about a month, he was weighing all food etc and doing everything the same but I asked him if he had reset his calorie goal every time he updated his weight and he had not, since then he had been doing that and even though he has less calories to play around with or has to do a little more exercise (usually walking) to get some more calories back he has be losing again, some people update it every 5-10lbs lost but I update it every time I lose or gain, it helps, best of luck to you B)