Needing advice!! Night Shift work

Options
Hey there, I am needing advice on when to log everything. A little background, my work schedule is 11p-7a, which means i live off of naps and a little sleep. I am still new at this and determined it will stick this time. That's why I am going at it slow instead of trying to loose 100lbs by next month! My daily schedule looks a little like this
Sleep from 830a-330p(in a perfect world) it is usually about 5 hours of sleep
Do the mom and wife thing and get in an extra mile when i can 330p-8p
Lay down/nap 8p-930p
Leave for work 1030p-7a
Work out 7a-8a

This varies on exact times but you get the idea, when should I start logging for my daily calories, and am i utilizing my work out times best?? Any advice on what I should/shouldn't do with this schedule is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Replies

• justjara123
    justjara123 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think working out before bed is making it difficult for you to get in the right amount of sleep. You could try getting a workout in when you wake up instead?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I renamed my six meal slots to represent four hour time frames (for example, one is 4 AM to 8 AM) and just log what I consume in the proper time slot.
  • Rushay2011
    Rushay2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @justjara123 It isn't so bad on my sleep, I do a lot more at a time on my days off just because I have the time to without interruption, on a normal day when i get up it is off to the bus stop, homework, dinner, cleaning, baths and bed time for kids and me, so early am is the only time I have uninterrupted to get it in unfortunately. If I come home and try to go straight to bed it seems I am still up until about the same time and then would have to get up and earlier to get the same work out in. I will be on day shift in July, it rotates every 3 months to a different shift with different days off, that will make it easier, just trying to stay on it until I make it there! Thank you!!
    @seska422 That makes sense! Thank you!! So i assume i would just flip my schedule on eating and start my day when i get up in the afternoon and not worry that I sleep thru "breakfast"