You know what really freakin' bothers me?!

Options
How come when I eat anything, even something healthy, I get the looks and the "should you be eating that?" But when some skinny girl is stuffing her face with doritos and brownies and other crap that's not healthy, no one says anything other than "wow, where do you put that?" Guess what, you might be able to what you want and stay SKINNY, but you damn sure can't eat what you want and stay HEALTHY!

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Totally LOVE IT!! You are correct, I know so many overweight people that are "HEALTHIER" than some skinny people! Just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are healthy...I'm not saying all skinny people aren't healthy, before someone jumps down my throat, just those that look at calorie content and nothing else, eating a bag of doritos, cookies etc. as long as they stay under a certain number!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT POINT!!! :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I find that I am ashamed when I think someone may be judging what I'm eating - the skinny lady at work who saw me eat a chocolate bar, for instance. I often don't want people to see me eating things I "shouldn't eat" because they will think a big girl shouldn't eat them. But they would never say anything to the skinny girl! So I'm right there with you!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I AGREE! Thank you SO much for putting this out there! I am extremely bothered by the same thing! And when it isn't someone else telling me, "Should you be eating that?" it's myself! Damn me! LOL!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I think most of it is in my head though. I was pretty much told not to eat things all my life by my mom so now, no matter if its healthy or not, I feel guilty for eating. One of the many emotional problems I am trying to work though.

Plus, I guarantee you that 'skinny girl' can't keep that body for long...bad eating will catch up with you eventually. We're just getting a head start :)
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I used to be one of those REALLY skinny kids up until I started middle school. I weighed under 100lbs until I hit puberty. And I was also one of those kids that would be able to eat ANYTHING because I was super active and athletic. However! Once I hit puberty, BOOM! All that crap that I had put in my body for all those years quickly caught up with me. Then, just as quickly, it went from being "Where do you put that?" to "You know that's not good for you, right?" I love it.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You know what though....check in with the "skinny girl" in 5 years, all that Taco Bell & Baskin Robbins WILL EVENTUALLY catch up with her!! You just take care of you, you may end up being the bigger person and give advie to one of these girls later!! Best of luck to you!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY get where your coming from i am quite picky about what i eat infront of certain people because of this.

x
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It may all be in your head. Most people I know (including myself) don't really pay attention to what other people are eating.

I say eat and ignore.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    You know what though....check in with the "skinny girl" in 5 years, all that Taco Bell & Baskin Robbins WILL EVENTUALLY catch up with her!! You just take care of you, you may end up being the bigger person and give advie to one of these girls later!! Best of luck to you!

Hehe, I already AM the "bigger person"! That's gotta count for something, right? ;-) lol
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Agree. I have great cholestoral, blood sugar, blood pressure... except for my weight I am healthy. I have friends who do not smoke, drink or have poor diet/exercise habits who have more issues.... that said we are of course at a much higher risk for additional health risks but I would rather feed my body and mind healthy fuel than the junk that those around me eat on a daily continuous basis. (though some of that admittedly might be jealousy...)
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I work with a girl who is skinny and she's ALWAYS hungry. Every time I look at her, she is eating chips, cookies, crackers, candy...and people are like, "You're so cute and tiny! I don't know how you never gain weight!" I come in to work one day with tuna, celery and watermelon, and people immediately look at me and start with the, "Are you dieting?" questions. It bugs me, but I am not sure why. Because I'm fat I should not want to eat healthy? I should want to scarf pizza and chocolate instead?? (I DO, but I don't...and that's not important right now...LOL) Why is it that when you're not bone skinny, what's on YOUR plate should be under a microscope for everyone else. Talk to the skinny chick who's going to end up with high cholesterol from all the junk food and cigarettes!

/rant
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I work with a girl who is skinny and she's ALWAYS hungry. Every time I look at her, she is eating chips, cookies, crackers, candy...and people are like, "You're so cute and tiny! I don't know how you never gain weight!" I come in to work one day with tuna, celery and watermelon, and people immediately look at me and start with the, "Are you dieting?" questions. It bugs me, but I am not sure why. Because I'm fat I should not want to eat healthy? I should want to scarf pizza and chocolate instead?? (I DO, but I don't...and that's not important right now...LOL) Why is it that when you're not bone skinny, what's on YOUR plate should be under a microscope for everyone else. Talk to the skinny chick who's going to end up with high cholesterol from all the junk food and cigarettes!

/rant

Ugh, exactly! In the end though, we're gonna be the healthy ones. And I don't know about you, but I would be SO much more proud to say I worked to look like that than just looking like that naturally.
  • aarogers24
    aarogers24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great point. Thank you so much for posting this. It's great to know I'm not in this alone!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my mom always scoffs and rolls her eyes when i eat something. just because she eats like a bird doesn't mean she's healthy!!!

ie: literally a quarter a stick of butter on white rice, yet I can't have a whole wheat roll with my veggie burger?

I may be over weight but I have no health issues, while i've seen stick thin girls on cholesterol and blood pressure meds in their twenties. sometimes it just isn't fair!!!
  • saradas
    saradas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am thinking , when I take some quizzes they ask , do you eat when you are alone? or no one is looking?
    May be when we gain weight we do that because of the fear of being judged , and we do NOT have the weight beacuse we eat when we are alone . Sorry if i seem totally off . Just my thought
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I am thinking , when I take some quizzes they ask , do you eat when you are alone? or no one is looking?
    May be when we gain weight we do that because of the fear of being judged , and we do NOT have the weight beacuse we eat when we are alone . Sorry if i seem totally off . Just my thought

No, you're not off. I used to do that A LOT. If I wanted something, I'd wait til no one was around, and then I'd stuff my face with it as fast as I could in fear of someone coming back and seeing me eating. Sad, I know, but it was the truth :|
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I was always the 'skinny girl'....trust me, we get just as much crap on the other end. I get the 'not so skinny girl' give me hell for eating a salad.

ALL WORDS THAT I HAVE HEARD IN MY LIFE:

"Are you anorexic or something?!" "Why do you bother eating a salad, you are just going to purge it anyway!" "I bet this is the only time you eat and the rest of the day you starve yourself!" "Life is so much better for you skinny little people, you dont understand what its like to be me!".....and the list goes on and on and on....

You may not think it hurts being on this end, but it certainly does. I am not saying that you ever said or did these things...I am just saying that I TOTALLY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY UNDERSTAND how you feel to be picked on.
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    add that with
    *but you have such a pretty face*
  • SmileyAmy1977
    SmileyAmy1977 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I remember recently I was ordering breakfast at work...an egg white with peppers and spinach with LF swiss on an English muffin. But I also asked for two pieces of bacon. I like a little extra protein. The lady who was the cook stops...looks at me and says "Doesn't the bacon defeat the purpose?" I wanted to be like "Just do you job. Cook my food and shut up!"

So annoying!

People do it all the time. I can eat anything I want, as long as its within my calories.