lozzaj007 Posts: 3 Member
Hi all, is anybody doing slimfast ??

Replies

• salinazamacona
    salinazamacona Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ros1969 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm doing slimfast and am on week 3, weighed in this morning and another 3lbs gone, taking total to 8lbs. Really pleased as it's been pretty easy and I'm under that next stone! 2st 5lbs to get to my target.
    How are you doing?
    R x

• salinazamacona
    salinazamacona Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How does the slim fast diet work drink the shake and that’s it or you exercising or eating different
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I have a shake (not slimfast though) pretty much every weekday morning.

Not because I'm on a "diet" or I think the shakes are magic or anything. I'm just not a morning person and having a shake for breakfast instead of making toast or cereal or whatnot means I can set the alarm 10 minutes later =)
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Turns out I like to eat food, not drink shakes.

Same. Don't get me wrong, I like a smoothie now and then, but no way I could replace a meal with a drink every day.

To those doing it, I'm curious as to how you will maintain that calorie count when you stop replacing that meal. Maybe it's just me, but as I go through the process of learning how to not be ridiculous when filling my plates, I have this thought hovering in my head saying "yeah when you reach your goal, you can live with this." If you rely on the shake to reduce your calories, what's the plan for maintenance?

*if that comes off as judgy, it's not meant that way, I'm genuinely curious*
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    One shake didn't fill me up. I love the chocolate and cappuccino ones. Still drink them on occasion but not as a meal replacement. They aren't that filling.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Been there years ago and couldn't stomach just drinking most of my calories :/

What Slimfast doesn't teach you is about calorie intake and how many calories you can eat to lose. Because that's what weight loss is all about - being in calorie deficit.
    I'll just stick with logging my food and counting calories, its what got my weight off and kept it off.

This^

Did Slim Fast for a few weeks lost some weight (because I was in a calorie deficit).....learned nothing & gained all the weight back.

OP - have a maintenance strategy before you get there. You might consider a step down approach where you swap out one of the shakes for a meal. Then measure and log that meal (like people do in My Fitness Pal). Then after a time, swap out the other shake for a meal. Then measure and log that meal.

Slim Fast looks like a short cut "easy weight loss." But you are short changing yourself in terms of knowledge. Figuring out portion sizes for real food and figuring out what foods are filling will be necessary for maintenance because a smaller you is going to require fewer calories forever.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do slim fast for a couple of weeks just to drop a quick few pounds but every time I've tried it I swear those shakes make me HUNGRIER,I'm jealous of people who can actually stick to it
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been having 1 Slim Fast every day for breakfast. Sometimes I'll have two, the second one usually dinner. I'm down 30 lbs , and plan to continue this way. They're nice if you don't have many calories left, and they're easier to take on the go if you're going to have a busy day.
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I wish I could do slim fast for a couple of weeks just to drop a quick few pounds but every time I've tried it I swear those shakes make me HUNGRIER,I'm jealous of people who can actually stick to it

Sometimes I'll start one, and realize I'm hungrier than I thought I was, and I'll save the rest of it for another meal, but I'll still keep the calories logged and it helps me remember I have to finish since I've already accounted myself for it.
  • GottaClue
    GottaClue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to use them to bridge gaps. When I think I'm hungry but not really I'll take a few sips and keep going. As long as they fit the calories it great!