Weight not budging!!!

Options
Hi guys
I am sticking to eating healthy and exercising, but absolutely nothing is shifting...have been trying hard for 3wks now and introduced exercise last week to see if that would help.
I do have health issues of auto immune diseases and medications don’t help with the weight. I lost nearly a stone last year doing SlimmingWorld but this time nothing!!!
Have applied for boot camp 4wk challenge...
Anyone else got any ideas????
Going away end of May

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I am sticking to eating healthy and exercising, but absolutely nothing is shifting...have been trying hard for 3wks now and introduced exercise last week to see if that would help.
    I do have health issues of auto immune diseases and medications don’t help with the weight. I lost nearly a stone last year doing SlimmingWorld but this time nothing!!!
    Going away end of May

1. You're not going to lose a stone in 3 weeks or even before the end of may
    2. How are you tracking your calories? Weighing accurately?
    3. How have you calculated your deficit?
    4. Have you been consistent in maintaining the needed deficit?
    5. 3 weeks isn't that long of a time.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your diary and there are some days you haven't tracked, and some of the things you've tracked don't look accurate (no one has tea with 5ml of milk). It would be worth weighing everything and making sure everything is tracked accurately, even if you have a 'bad' day.
  • donkeygirl44
    donkeygirl44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am lactose intolerant so literally have a dribble of milk in tea.
    Days I didn’t track I was really busy at work.
    I am honest and put down if I have had food I shouldn’t
  • donkeygirl44
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi guys
    Going away end of May

1. You're not going to lose a stone in 3 weeks or even before the end of may
    2. How are you tracking your calories? Weighing accurately?
    3. How have you calculated your deficit?
    4. Have you been consistent in maintaining the needed deficit?
    5. 3 weeks isn't that long of a time.

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    my "dribbles" of milk turned out to be almost 50ml when I weighed them - which sounds like a tiny amount but could add up to 100 extra calories a day, just with my unsweetened coffee

if you've just started working out it might take a while to see a drop in weight? I always seem to retain some water when I start a different workout routine and feel sore
  • donkeygirl44
    Options
    Yeah realised that with the exercise.
    My tea and coffee may as well be black with the amount of milk I use.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am lactose intolerant so literally have a dribble of milk in tea.
    Days I didn’t track I was really busy at work.
    I am honest and put down if I have had food I shouldn’t

I don't have any experience with lactose intolerance, but is everything you're eating lactose free? I know you don't have many things in your diary that could have milk in (just actual milk and possibly the biscuits?), but I can imagine even a small amount would cause issues, maybe even with weight if you have very severe reactions?

On another note, have you tried alternatives to milk? Some aren't that bad these days - I really like oat milk.

Another example with the unspecific entries, is a week yesterday you tracked 'roast 4oz' and 'mash' - are these your own food's you've created or from the database? You may over or even underestimate what you eat (particularly if for example you don't put dairy in your mash).

If you're tracking accurately and weighing food, the weight will come off, it just may take a bit of time.
  • donkeygirl44
    Options