Struggling with Binge Eating Disorder, Bulimia and Anorexia

Options
Hello friends,
I'm Safiya, 23, currently about 180/190 lbs, 5'5" and I have been struggling with Eating Disorders for about 2 years now. I used to use MFP back in 2013 and successfully lost 26 lbs at the time but gained it back when I went to college and gained some more while I was studying.
I picked up MFP again about a week ago and have tried to be consistent with my calorie intake but I binged today and I don't really know how to deal with that. Usually, when I binge, I end up starving myself for a few days so my weight is not affected by the binging but I don't want to do that as we are all aware it is not a healthy coping mechanism.
Right now I feel exceedingly guilty and I'm a bit lost. I have to admit I'm not proud of myself but I don't know how to prevent other binge sessions...
I'm willing to take any advice if it is helpful, thanks!

Replies

• NoMoreSSBBW
    NoMoreSSBBW Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge eater....I know that when we do that, the feelings are all negative and bad. But you should feel great that 1. you are admitting it, 2. you acknowledge it, 3. you know that starving is not good! It's ok. Get back on track and set yourself a goal, like not binge eating in a week - or whatever is a good goal. You can do it! :)
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I too struggle. Just know you aren't alone!!