Day 1 - My Birthday

Options
Today is my 41st birthday and I have decided to try once again to get serious and lose some weight. I have a couple of chronic medical problems that medications to treat caused me to gain a lot of weight. It is so hard to lose it! I have always been skinny until this and now I am about 60 pounds overweight. Ugh! I typically lead a very sedentary life style due to my health problems so my goal is to add 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week. As for my eating...I'm guessing I don't really eat enough so I am planning my meals/snacks and increasing my water intake. Anyone else have any ideas or words of wisdom for me? I've never had to work to lose weight so this is all new to me. Crazy!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Good luck on the 1st day of the rest of your life and your journey.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Have a great birthday! What a great way to start out your birthday but doing something for you!! You'll love MFP, I jointed in July and I really like it.
  • gailosborne
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • birdiet903
    birdiet903 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! My advice is that you keep your journey interesting. Use this site to track your progress and to get support. Once you have determined your allowed calories for the day, find some "go-to" meals that you really like. One of my favorites snacks is the mini bell sharp cheese round with some fruit, for example. You'll find some meals and snacks that you really like too that fall within your range. When you like it, it doesn't feel like a diet. For exercise, I like dance-type classes, like Zumba, where you can work at your own level. I also like a good long walk after a stressful day. Hope this helps. Wish you much success.