Water Consumption Question

Options
OK so two or so weeks ago I started drinking 100+ ounces of water a day. ITS KILLING me...ok well maybe not killing me, I am a little dramatic....but I am living in the bathroom. Peeing constantly. So far I really haven’t seen any positive changes. I see others talking about their skin feeling better, etc.. not me yet. Anyways my question to you all is will I continue to pee constantly or will my body adjust? I work in an office and can’t be going to the bathroom every 15 minutes!!!

Replies

• tbucks
    tbucks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I drink 100-160 oz's a day usually. I also work in an office, go to the bathroom about once every 45 min - 1hr. Fill my water bottle up on the way. I've always had a prettty high capacity bladder though.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I have found for me personally after a couple weeks it seems like my body "adjusts" to all the water and I don't have to run back and forth so much.
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it took my body quite some time to adjust to the amount of water I was drinking. Eventually, though, it did get used to it, and now I drink right around 100 ounces a day and I probably go every couple of hours.
  • MariPars
    MariPars Posts: 52
    Options
    I was doing that too..got up to 120oz.. peeing ALLLLL the freaking time..didnt see ANY changes..weight, skin..I mean nothing. SO I went back to 80-100oz..much more comfortable. I said what the hell..it just feels better!
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking most of the water during the day? I also drink a lot of water, and I've just gotten used to needing to go every 1-2 hours...but I only drink about 50-60oz at work, the rest in the evening. You could try to even it out a bit more so you're only drinking ~40oz while at work and the rest at night and/or before work when it's not as disruptive to have to use the bathroom.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Yep, I still pee all the time....
  • wendymct
    wendymct Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found that my body, eventually adjusted.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i drink 120 oz a day and i pee all the time

the body eventually adjusts but my coworkers must think there is something wrong with me
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I still have to use the bathroom a lot but not as much as when I first upped my water intake.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/08/020809071640.htm

If you're feeling thirsty, drink some water. Stop worrying about that magical number.
  • pixidaisy
    Options
    I drink 100-128 ounces of water a day and I go to the bathroom about once every hour, and use that time to re-fill my water bottle. And am never up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom either, it did take my body time to get used to the extra water but I built up slowly from drinking 64oz and increasing it.

I think the changes you are hearing are gradual and happen over time and not over night.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I spent 2-3 weeks trying to drink half my body weight in ounces of water daily (90-100) and yes I had to pee ALL. THE. TIME.

Now I drink when I'm thirsty and it's between 48-64 ounces a day. My urine is still clear so I know I'm hydrated. I eat a lot of fruit though and most fruit is between 70-90% water so I probably get more water than that a day. That's just all I drink.
  • MlissaB
    MlissaB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can get 100+ oz in before lunch, that's all i drink is water. I seem to have good days and bad days, not sure if it has to do with what I'm eating too or how busy of a day i'm having or what. Technically I work in an office, but it's a manufacturing plant so there are days I'm running on the floor a lot too, but there doesn't seem to be a correlation with running and not needing to pee (which would make more sense...).

As for moving some of the fluids to the evening, be careful. Peeing that often when awake is bad enough, but I'm also up at least twice a night, sometimes more, and I don't drink nearly as much in the evening as I do at work. Maybe 32 - 48 oz.
  • seasontk
    seasontk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing. I have doubled my water intake from 50 - 60 oz a day to 100 -120 oz a day, and now I am constantly in the bathroom. I am even waking up at night having to go to the bathroom. I hope my body adjusts to all of this soon.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    There's simply no need to drink so much water!

8 cups of fluid a day is required, more if you exercise.

Fluid, not water.

You get fluid from tea, coffee, soda, juice, fruit, vegetables, etc etc.

You dont have to flood your body with pure water just because the bottled water companies tell you so!