Need some partners to do this!

Options
I’m starting tomorrow and have 40lbs to go! Need a healthier me for my kids, and me! Anyone wanna motivate each other?

Replies

• eyelikesharx
    eyelikesharx Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m still new too! Only 2 weeks in, also looking to lose about 40 lbs. add me <3
  • Lee1st1974
    Lee1st1974 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm also looking to lose 60lbs and get fit again, I have been using MFP for a little while now and it has help a lot by meeting people with the same goals and supporting each other through the ups and downs of the weight lose journey. Please feel free to add me for motivation and support. Good luck.
  • mcardk2011
    mcardk2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started and need motivation buddies!
  • Isbee07
    Isbee07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just back on this post op and looking to loose 40 lbs. I'd love to be part of the group.
  • JohnTMc1967
    JohnTMc1967 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is what I need, someone besides myself to hold me accountable; kick me in my rear; and stay on my case to get it done. I would love to get below 200 for the first time since 1991.
    My plans for today are:
    Weights:
    Arms - EZ bar curl, inclince dumbbell curls, EZ bar forearm curl
    Back - seated row, one arm dumbbell row
    Cardio:
    Treadmill for 2 miles
    The weight training has shifted from lifting weights to working with weights. Low weight, high reps. I tore my right pectoral major in February bench pressing and haven't been able to press just the bar since.
    So, tomorrow I need this group tp say, "Hey. Did you do your Monday plan"?
    Deal?
  • JohnTMc1967
    Options
    ttsmorgan - How are you going to do this?
    eyelikesharx - What are you doing now?
    Lee1st1974 - What will be your weight when 60 is dropped?
    mcardk2011 - What is your plan?
    Isbee07 - What are you weekly/monthly weight loss goals to get to 40 pounds down?

We definitely need interaction among one another. ttsmorgan, you're the trail boss. Let's do this!
  • Isbee07
    Options
    Hi at the moment I'm limited but have managed to get up to 60-80 mins walking/running & swimming 3 times a week in the pool. Im looking at diet so managing my calories is a major part of the plan. I'll slowly add gym work in over the coming weeks. I had a full left hip replacement at the end of Jan. I'll make sure I'll ask tomorrow if you did what you needed to.
  • JohnTMc1967
    Options
    Isbee07 wrote: »
    Hi at the moment I'm limited but have managed to get up to 60-80 mins walking/running & swimming 3 times a week in the pool. Im looking at diet so managing my calories is a major part of the plan. I'll slowly add gym work in over the coming weeks. I had a full left hip replacement at the end of Jan. I'll make sure I'll ask tomorrow if you did what you needed to.

I will appreciate it, thanks.
  • christielee1984
    christielee1984 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for feed friends for motivation and ideas and support feel free to add me! I could use it too!
  • DottyBoos
    DottyBoos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Samesies. 50lbs for me, but feeling determined.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have lost 37 and want to lose about 14 more at this point, may be more later. Feel free to add me.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been part of a great group here on MFP since November last year, that has really helped me stay focused. We support each other without judgement, and share our successes and challenges. If you could use some accountability and make some new friends along the way, then you are welcome to join our group.

You can read more about it here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10661842/fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-may-registration-page#latest
  • Isbee07
    Options
    I have lost 37 and want to lose about 14 more at this point, may be more later. Feel free to add me.

Wow that's fantastic. Hopefully you can give us some tips.
  • Isbee07
    Options
    DottyBoos wrote: »
    Samesies. 50lbs for me, but feeling determined.

I've tried this before but like you, I'm determined to do it this time. Hopefully we can all motivate each other.
  • Isbee07
    Options
    Anyone looking for feed friends for motivation and ideas and support feel free to add me! I could use it too!

I would appreciate all the support the I can get. Thanks a mil.
  • Mrsmegaminto
    Mrsmegaminto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m also looking to lose just over 40lbs, have struggled since having my little girl 7 months ago - was at my heaviest when I got pregnant, now even heavier! Want to be in shape to run around with her as she’s already so active. Feel free to add me! I’ve opened my diary for the first time (been on MFP forever but another fresh start today) and need some buddies to be in this together.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Add me! Always looking for friends to keep me accountable. I saw this from a work colleague yesterday ya3nvflltjom.jpeg
  • AAScores
    AAScores Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 so far and have 21 more to go. Feel free to add!
  • JohnTMc1967
    edited April 2018
    Options
    90% complete last night. Have to move the treadmill to tonight due to late supper. I don't like running after I eat and I cannot for some reason, pull my behind out of bed for morning runs like I used to do.

Last night's weight training:
    Arms - EZ bar curl -DONE, inclince dumbbell curls -DONE, EZ bar forearm curl -DONE
    Back - seated row -DONE, one arm dumbbell row -DONE
    Cardio:
    Treadmill for 2 miles -Tonight

Tonight's weight training:
    Traps - EZ bar upward row, barbell shrug
    Treadmill for 2 miles
    Legs - Front squat, calf raises

I find it beneficial if I squat light weights after a run session. Going for leg strength increase but not in the mega level. Soreness is minimal in the next couple of days.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    ttsmorgan wrote: »
    I’m starting tomorrow and have 40lbs to go! Need a healthier me for my kids, and me! Anyone wanna motivate each other?
    kdm9295 wrote: »
    Add me! Always looking for friends to keep me accountable.
    Hey! I’m also looking to lose just over 40lbs, have struggled since having my little girl 7 months ago - was at my heaviest when I got pregnant, now even heavier! Want to be in shape to run around with her as she’s already so active. Feel free to add me! I’ve opened my diary for the first time (been on MFP forever but another fresh start today) and need some buddies to be in this together.

Hi Everyone!

You should all check out and join the group Fat2Fit - Weight Loss Challenge. This is an awesome group and you will make lots of buddies. It is also a great place to get your focus and stay focused. Check it out, you'll like it! This is a great place to make friends and have fun while participating in a friendly competition and supporting / encouraging each other.

Link to the group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group