-200 g overnight

Options
If I've lost 200 g overnight is it fat or just water weight?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Replies

• lostsomeweightonce
    lostsomeweightonce Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    More than likely water. My weight fluctuates drastically day to day depending on sodium intake and water. As much as 2-5lbs. I only check the scale maybe once a week if not longer. The mirror and how my clothes fit I find more satisfying.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Agree that you need to step back and look at the bigger picture. a bit shy of 1/2 a Lb isn't going to tell you anything given that people's weight can easily fluctuate 0-3 Lbs or more per day and throughout the day.

You need to long at the overall trend over time.
  • standout00
    standout00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your answers!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Try to focus on the big picture, not all the little fluctuations. Weigh in every day, log your weigh-in with a weight trending app like Libra or Happy Scale, then watch your trend line over WEEKS and MONTHS, not days. If your trend-line is pointing downwards over time, you're doing well.

Ya, I was charting in Excel, but started using the Happy Scale app and really like the way the trend line helps mentally with natural fluctuations.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I would strongly recommend not reading anything at all into such a small change.
  • adarbyem
    adarbyem Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The body can be very strange and often misleading at times. I would suggest taking other measurements along with weights, that way adjustments in water retention don't throw you for a loop thinking you put on fat, or vice versa.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say. Could be water weight. But if your weight is trending downward, that's a good thing, right?
  • standout00
    standout00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Of course it is!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I've gone to bed and woken up at exactly the same weight
    I've also gone to bed and woken up 1.2kg (2.6lb) lighter

It's one of the reasons I weigh myself before I go to bed as well as my 'official' morning weigh in. I'm fascinated by how much weight I lose (or don't lose) while I'm asleep. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it that I can determine it's just one of those things.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Is that all you lose? I regularly lose 3-4kg overnight...
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    I've gone to bed and woken up at exactly the same weight
    I've also gone to bed and woken up 1.2kg (2.6lb) lighter

It's one of the reasons I weigh myself before I go to bed as well as my 'official' morning weigh in. I'm fascinated by how much weight I lose (or don't lose) while I'm asleep. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it that I can determine it's just one of those things.

I would never weigh the same in the morning as the night before. I have to get up and wee too many times for that to happen.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    what really sucks is when you get up in the morning weighing MORE than when you went to bed ... at this point you realise that you either inhaled 200g of spiders OR, your bathroom scales are not actually that accurate and to add to the randomness of body weight you also have a varience in scale reading each time you step on

Yep...although I really don't want to think that it could be down to spiders LOL
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    what really sucks is when you get up in the morning weighing MORE than when you went to bed ... at this point you realise that you either inhaled 200g of spiders OR, your bathroom scales are not actually that accurate and to add to the randomness of body weight you also have a varience in scale reading each time you step on

Yep...although I really don't want to think that it could be down to spiders LOL

But I bet spiders are high in protein... maybe they can be the hot new fad instead of crickets.