Any teachers around?

Options
Let's help each other with the chocolate staffroom culture! (Assuming that's not just my school?..)

Looking for supportive friends :smile:

Replies

• Nooneknows21
    Nooneknows21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a primary school teacher in the UK, feel free to add me!
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me!!!! And it’s teacher appreciation week which means temptation everywhere!!!
  • hrr002
    hrr002 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    me too!! I just had a student bring me a chocolate cupcake for teacher appreciation week...It is 8AM...

We can do this! Just say no :)
  • dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not a teacher yet, but I am a sophomore in college that WILL be a teacher someday!
  • RoseQuest73
    RoseQuest73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a history teacher based in Leeds. Very difficult to say no to free food!
  • Jaceface27
    Jaceface27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm trying to focus on health for the summer. Need teacher friends to keep me accountable
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I am in recovery. I was a classroom teacher for 32 years.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    it's hard...we have so many bakers on staff...cake/cookies, etc., etc., however we also have a selection of health minded individuals that help balance us out.

There's always a good mix now of both for our 'pot luck' lunches that we do once/month...however the days in between are usually tempting stuff.

I must say-the chocolate, etc., and little gifts I regularly receive from parents always end up straight in the staff room...sorry fellow co-workers - but better you than on my thighs :D>:)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    I was a classroom teacher for 20 years. All the treats and Krispy Kreme donuts to celebrate the kids’ birthdays were hard to resist. Grocery store cupcakes not so much. At 54, getting weight off is slow going, but it helps to be here and be accountable.