LOSE 20 POUNDS BY JULY

Options

Replies

• rubrink
    rubrink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm back on the wagon so I want to join in too.
    M, 6'1, 238
    Goal: 215

I'm usually good on my exercise, but I am terrible at the diet part. Time to hit it!
  • prisciladickinson
    prisciladickinson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How does one join the weight in group? I started a week ago and need to lose around 20lb too as a short term goal and will see if I want to keep going once I get there.
  • aehret23
    aehret23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    SW 157
    CW 151.7
    GW 135

Gained 1lb this week. Totally gave up for the week and ate my stress away. Sorry to let everyone down!! Hoping that being accountable in a public way on this forum will make me get my act together :)
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Check in—I lost .5 pound this week!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    aehret23 wrote: »
    I’m not the creator but here’s my ideas for whatever it’s worth!!
    Sunday weigh ins we post judgement free!
    Maybe a group weekly goal? ( drink half your body weight in water everyday, log everything you eat BEFORE you eat it, eat 1 fruit and 1 veggie for lunch everyday - just some ideas??)
    And everybody share ideas of things that are or aren’t working with their lifestyle changes.
    All honesty, no judgments, and let’s all support each other!

You realize that drinking that much water could KILL you, right? For someone who weighs 160 that would be almost 10 gallons of water a day. 8 cups is plenty, and not even necessary for everyone.
  • aehret23
    Options
    It’s half your body weight in ounces.... so 160 lbs would be 80 ounces
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    aehret23 wrote: »
    It’s half your body weight in ounces.... so 160 lbs would be 80 ounces

That makes WAY more sense.
  • DanielleTake2
    DanielleTake2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym today for the first time in like a year... so that's something
  • AENMSU9
    AENMSU9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in SW200 CW190 GW170 5’7
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My sister's b-day is July 1st...She has helped me lose 40+ pounds over the last year, so for her b-day I want to show her I can kick butt and lose 20 lbs for her (and for me of course)...Soooo, let's do this!

I'm a "Buck 90-something"
    Goal is to be a "Buck 70-something" by July 1st!
  • castro_viejo
    castro_viejo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Rock n Roll
  • castro_viejo
    castro_viejo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried ww for a few months ... lost like 10-ish lbs then hit like a 3 week plateau. Decided I need to be a little more on top of what I eat than just points. Anyone else with a similar experience?
  • aehret23
    Options
    CW149.7 down 2lbs from last week:) nice to see a number in the 140’s. Keep it up everyone!!!
  • twiceispretty
    twiceispretty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't mind if I join? I'm 53kg, aiming for 47kg by end June :)
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Holding steady at 149. Just happy to be below 150!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I tried ww for a few months ... lost like 10-ish lbs then hit like a 3 week plateau. Decided I need to be a little more on top of what I eat than just points. Anyone else with a similar experience?

3 weeks isn't a plateau.( its more like 6 weeks) And you'll not lose by increasing calories - that's a myth. If your logging cals accurately stick with it and your whoosh will happen, weight loss isn't linear. Keep going and you'll get there.
  • cristina0512
    cristina0512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in! I need to lose at least 15lbs by July 1st!
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Im in.
  • jigarcia02
    jigarcia02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I would like to join as well. I was just wondering how everyone was getting their calorie goals? I have been struggling for the last month burning 500 calories 5 days a week with working out at home but have not lost much just inches. Ive done 1400 cal and went up to 1600 this week trying to figure out if I am not eating enough. I am 5 2", 152LB, 31yrs. Any suggestions on what site or how I should determine my calorie in take? Thanks!
  • Bergenblart
    Bergenblart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here for a long time, and I'm starting almost a month late this challenge but if not 20lbs to lose then 12-15 would work for me by July. I'm quitting WW for the umpteenth time, I have success on MFP if I log everything and I'm going to try my first low carb diet. I've got a motorcyle to ride this summer so I'd like to be fitter and more agile. Good luck everyone.
    I'll record my weight in lbs on here. I weighed in last week at..
    SW: 193 lbs
    GW: 153 lbs