J.M.'s Yoga Meltdown

Options
Just got it, haven't watched it or done it yet, but how do you log it? I'd imagine, from what I've read, that it's more intense than regular yoga so I don't know how to log it once I do it. Thanks!

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Just add it to your exercises in the "my exercises" tab.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to note that you look fantastic!
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You log it as cardio. It is a great workout. I have the same DVD and love it!!!! Granted, I really love pilates and yoga of any kind.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THAT!! and I just did it yesterday! It's awesome!!! I went to some website, and I can't remember the name sorry....You'll have to go online and just browse, but it said "About" how many calories it burned, so I grabbed that number and log it in that way, it's just an About, there is no exact number, but if you get a Heart Rate monitor, that should give you an exact number! good luck to ya, and don't give up okay, it's hardd and it kicks your *kitten*, but it's soo worth it!! I love JM, She's amazing! Some of those moves you think like HOW AM I gonna do that?!!?! but you will after a few tries, I promise! just keep the practice up!
  • swimcoach07
    swimcoach07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you'll have to create an exercise, at least I did. I've found on other sites that yoga can burn over 400 calories/hour depending on your weight. But the Hatha yoga MFP has will show much less calories burned than that.

My yoga of choice is P90X Yoga. The program says each workout (yoga included) burns around 600 calories.

Hope this helps!
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to note that you look fantastic!

Thanks!
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here's a site where you can calculate your calorie burn. You don't even need a HRM. Just check your heart rate every so often and it works just as well. Hope it helps you! http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THAT!! and I just did it yesterday! It's awesome!!! I went to some website, and I can't remember the name sorry....You'll have to go online and just browse, but it said "About" how many calories it burned, so I grabbed that number and log it in that way, it's just an About, there is no exact number, but if you get a Heart Rate monitor, that should give you an exact number! good luck to ya, and don't give up okay, it's hardd and it kicks your *kitten*, but it's soo worth it!! I love JM, She's amazing! Some of those moves you think like HOW AM I gonna do that?!!?! but you will after a few tries, I promise! just keep the practice up!

I've been doing her 30DS at Level 3 for the past few days, so I'm not too worried about the yoga. I have a yoga DVD that I've done for years too, but it's not very cardio. Interested in seeing Jillian's way of it.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I've been doing her 30DS at Level 3 for the past few days, so I'm not too worried about the yoga. I have a yoga DVD that I've done for years too, but it's not very cardio. Interested in seeing Jillian's way of it.

Oh okay, if You've been doing her 30DS, this will be a piece a cake for you, because I heard that one is a killer! LOL Great Job! and keep doing what you do, you look awesome!