I NEED MY FIX!!!

Options
My weakness right now is coffee with splenda and french vanilla creamer!! I usually drink three large cups a day and always feel bad about it...I always count the calories and rarely go over but I cant stop feeling guilty and I LOVE IT...whats a girl to do?

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    go from 3 cups to one cup and be done :)
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    cut back slowly!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Have what you want just count it and fit itinto your daily allowance.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd say walk right past it and don't turn and look, or throw it out, not sure if they have it at your job, or you have it at home....just walk away and stay strong!
  • ckrella
    ckrella Posts: 14
    Options
    Start by using the Sugar Free Vanilla Creamer. Then slowly cut back, use smaller cups. When you completely cut something out that you really enjoy your more likely to binge on it later.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    go from 3 cups to one cup and be done :)

^^^ what I did - it helped to cut back, since I increased my water intake.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    use smaller cups, eventually go to 1-1/2 or 2 and stop beating yourself up over it- life is too short to deny ourselves ALL treats - you DESERVE some pampering
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your goals, what is the problem with coffee?
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had a similar fix that started with the caramel swirl. everyday i was ordering a lg iced with caramel swirl, cream and sugar. yeah overkill, lol. but when i started with mfp it wasn't fitting into my calorie budget very well. i first stopped the caramel swirl and after a few weeks changed to skim milk and in another few weeks switched to splenda. now i drink it black w/ splenda and for the large it's like 20 calories, yay!

you can quit it but if you do it slowly it will be easier.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I went from using the jumbo cup to about an 8oz size cup and switched to sugar free vanilla creamer and hae managed to survive, even though I would love more I just would rather use the calories somewhere else, but if it fits in your calories and your losing weight I dont see any problems with it!!!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    My weakness right now is coffee with splenda and french vanilla creamer!! I usually drink three large cups a day and always feel bad about it...I always count the calories and rarely go over but I cant stop feeling guilty and I LOVE IT...whats a girl to do?

The word that sticks out to me is WEAKNESS....you are realizing someTHING is in control of YOU, instead of you being in control of IT...

Doesn't mean you have to cut it out of your life, but if it's a weakness, you must MASTER it....
    Cut it out completely or cut back until you feel you have control over it...or switch to something else all together if you feel you need to.

I got a grip on my chocolate cravings....and NOW I can be satisfied w/ a little, not the entire package....but I had to be willing to
    cut it out completely
    IF that's what it took to FREE myself from the bondage it had over me.

NoTHING- especially food/drink- should control US....No ONE either...but that's another subject ;)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why would you feel guilty about having something that you enjoy, that fits into your calorie goal, and that isn't hindering your weight loss? As a matter of fact, why would you feel *guilt* about food or drink anyway? Who is it hurting? I don't understand this feeling guilty because you ate something. Food isn't morally wrong. Neither is coffee.

Drink your coffee if you want it. I do, and my coffee has a heck of a lot more calories and sugar than yours does.
  • judyDFW
    judyDFW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about the caffeine, switch the last cup to decaf (and then eventually the second cup too if you can). This way you'll feel like you're getting your fix, but you won't get as dehydrated. If you're REEALLY addicted and get bad headaches, you can even start switching to just half decaf/ half caf. If it fits in your calories, I don't think the creamer is a problem.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i drink tonnnns of coffee too. i usually just use one splenda, though. since i'm trying to limit my sweetener intake, i will drink coffee black after awhile if i must have more coffee! i'm also really digging iced coffee right now, yum.