100 calorie snack suggestions please

Options
talkaboutlentils
talkaboutlentils Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
As above...what are your favourite low calorie (around 100) snacks? No processed food please. Thank you x :)

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    fage greek yogurt - 1 tub = 170g = 97 kcal
    Banana 1 kcal/g = 100kcal if you find the right one
    Prawns 1 x 160g tub = 100kcal
    Beef Jerky 25g packet = 100kcal

• ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want to cut out foods with processed sugar rather than processed food altogether
  • talkaboutlentils
    talkaboutlentils Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ap1972 - Yes! My favourite snack is humus with celery. I don't make the humus so technically it is processed I suppose.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I second Popcorn. I buy Boom Chick a pop for when I don't have time to prepare it. 3.5 cups is 125 calories. Cottage cheese, Fruit, pickled beets or antipasto from Costco.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Smartfood white cheddar popcorn snacks in the 100 cal size
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    These have probably been mentioned above, but these are some of my favorite quick afternoon 100ish calorie snacks. String cheese, Clementine, banana, hard boiled egg, measured out to 100 calories almonds (or any nut), a granola bar, pretzels, baby carrots & ranch or hummus, celery & cream cheese
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Do you like guac? Wholly Guacamole makes those convenient snack packs. My favorite, by far, is the chunky one. 120 calories. Paired with some low cal veg, it could be a mid/high-100’s snack.

https://www.eatwholly.com/products/chunky-avocado/wholly-chunky-avocado-minis/

This or snack packs of hummus are what I most often eat for a snack/small meal. I do best when there’s some fat and fiber (and/or protein). Fruit alone would leave me hungry again too soon, so I pair that with either some nuts or cheese. More calories up front that way, but it saves me more over the course of the day bc it keeps me full longer. People are different in that way though.

Small Fage containers with the fruit topping are in the low/mid 100’s. That’s another of my go-to’s.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A salted hard boiled egg will keep me full for hours. I also like crunchy stuff to snack on, carrot sticks with hummus, apple chips, pretzel rods. When I meal prep my work lunches for the week I pre-measure out snacks at the same time, that way I just have to grab my lunch and a snackbag or two and run out the door in the morning.