Hard Places To Lose Weight

Options
I've been trying forever to lose fat in my thighs and lower tummy but nothing seems to be working. Please someone out there!! If you have found a cure don't afraid to share!!!:wink:

Replies

• carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I seem to have lost everywhere except for the stupid spare tire that doesn't want to budge. I'm up for cures as well, even though I know I cant spot reduce :D
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I think we can't do anything to control where we lose the weight. It's like only thing we can do is lower our overall body fat and it will go away eventually. I'm trying to make my thighs shrink and they still measure the same as in day 1.
  • gidgetmarie
    Options
    I also have the same problem it just don't want to leave my lower stomach or thighs! :ohwell:
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump, my belly needs to go away! I hate it, but I am working on it with 30DS so we'll see in 21 days. So far I don't seem to be smaller.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I seem to have lost everywhere except for the stupid spare tire that doesn't want to budge. I'm up for cures as well, even though I know I cant spot reduce :D

The spare tire (aka the waist) is the last and the hardest to lose as it carries the most fat.... All I know is that abs workouts helps but not cure the lost.... I would like to know the cure if someone has one.

~A
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    walk walk walk.
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's impossible for me to lose my belly fat too... I've heard bicycle crunches and cardio help out but like people have already said, it's not like you can target one specific area :/
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I think we can't do anything to control where we lose the weight. It's like only thing we can do is lower our overall body fat and it will go away eventually. I'm trying to make my thighs shrink and they still measure the same as in day 1.

Let's clarify something... what you want to lose is inches, right? Because it's very possible to lose inches with the appropriate strengthening and toning exercises. The entire 'no such thing as spot reduction' thing that people tout really just applies to cardio exercises.

For the lower stomach:
    Planks, reverse pushups, and pilates teasers are the most effective that I've found.

For the thighs:
    Lunges, squats
    jump lunges
    jump squats
    side-side lunges with a side leg lift

www.bodyrock.tv has lots of exercises and workouts that I highly recommend for overall shaping.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options

Let's clarify something... what you want to lose is inches, right? Because it's very possible to lose inches with the appropriate strengthening and toning exercises. The entire 'no such thing as spot reduction' thing that people tout really just applies to cardio exercises.

For the lower stomach:
    Planks, reverse pushups, and pilates teasers are the most effective that I've found.

For the thighs:
    Lunges, squats
    jump lunges
    jump squats
    side-side lunges with a side leg lift

www.bodyrock.tv has lots of exercises and workouts that I highly recommend for overall shaping.

No such thing as spot reduction means you can't specify where your body loses fat or inches. (With the very limited caveat that increased bloodflow to a region might have some slight imperceptible impact.)

So doing 5,000 crunches and burning 500 calories won't shrink your stomach any more than burning 500 calories on the treadmill.
  • PaJean
    PaJean Posts: 7
    Options
    It may be a coincidence, but when I went to a low sugar diet (25g per day), I lost 1 1/2 inches in my waist in two weeks.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Your body sheds weight wherever and in whatever order it decides. It all comes down to your diet. Stay within your calories and you'll get there. Drink lots of water and workout. Cardio (specifically running and the elliptical) helped whittle my waist/belly.