plateau in losing weight

Options
I seem to have reached a plateau in losing any weight after 3-4 weeks. Has anyone experienced this and how did you get over the hump?

gogreengirl

Replies

• gogreengirl
    Options
    I seem to have reached a plateau in losing any weight after 3-4 weeks. Has anyone experienced this and how did you get over the hump?

gogreengirl
  • serge1111
    Options
    I am the same but i did lose inch in my waste
    i need somebody to give a balance menu
    i think i am not eating enough
    maybe that your problem
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Everyone hits a plateau occassionally. Stick with it - maybe shake up your routine a little. Try a different exercise routine, maybe challenge yourself a little more. Have a "cheat" day and eat a few extra calories that day - and maybe work out a little more to help your metabolism step up a notch. Do something nice for yourself - sometimes I find a "mood" change will help too :smile: Congratulations on your progress so far - keep up the good work and it will come off!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Boy can I relate. I agree with the previous post. I was stuck at the same weight for 7 weeks, after being able to lose 25 pounds fairly easily.

I started doing things differently. Different exercise, and more often. Eating more, just trying to move more in general - like squats while folding the laundry - and "counter-top-push-ups" when waiting for the teapot to boil. Standing instead of sitting. I live on the third floor, so when I come home I do the steps three times before going in.

Finally I lost 3 more pounds, and I've been there for about ten days.

Be honest with yourself about every little bite of food. Log it. If you have a day where you eat too much, start again the next day. Be sure your calories-needed goal is figured correctly.

Hang in there. Your work will pay off! :flowerforyou:

~Cheryl