Chicken or shrimp stir fry

Options
kchuch77
kchuch77 Posts: 31 Member
edited April 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hi guys!

Anyone make easy chicken or shrimp stir frys? How do you make your stir fry? Do you cook the chicken/shrimp in oil? PAM? Frozen veggie mix? Soy sauce?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Olive oil or ground nut oil. I prep all the veg, cut them thinly/finely, prep the meat or fish and add meat to hot pan with a little oil (1 tablespoon approx) first for a min and then add the veg, stir pretty much continuously. Add something like fish sauce/soy sauce/ ginger/garlic or some chilli sauce to add flavour. Its quick and easy and oh so tasty :smile:
  • kchuch77
    Options
    Olive oil or ground nut oil. I prep all the veg, cut them thinly/finely, prep the meat or fish and add meat to hot pan with a little oil (1 tablespoon approx) first for a min and then add the veg, stir pretty much continuously. Add something like fish sauce/soy sauce/ ginger/garlic or some chilli sauce to add flavour. Its quick and easy and oh so tasty :smile:

That sounds delish! Thanks! I think that would be a nice, filling easy meal for me to make :-)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Yeah its super quick and filling. The more veg you add the more filling it will be :smile: also adding some cashews add great flavour and some more protein/fat too.
  • kchuch77
    Options
    Yum! Good idea
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ps if you're short on time you can get pre chopped/shredded mixed veg in packs.
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I make mine stir fry by shredding already cooked chicken breast into a hot skillet with soy sauce. I let it get nice and cooked onto the chicken. Then I'll add frozen veggies (carrots, peas, broccoli) and fresh chopped garlic and onion with more soy sauce. Once it's nicely combined, I'll add in already cooked white rice with more soy and mix until all the rice is colored. You can add other Asian sauces for better flavor, but I don't often have them on hand.. I like to mix scrambled eggs into mine. I usually just move the rice to one side of the pan, add a little butter and scramble the eggs in the same pan. It comes out really good!

• kchuch77
    Options
    I make mine stir fry by shredding already cooked chicken breast into a hot skillet with soy sauce. I let it get nice and cooked onto the chicken. Then I'll add frozen veggies (carrots, peas, broccoli) and fresh chopped garlic and onion with more soy sauce. Once it's nicely combined, I'll add in already cooked white rice with more soy and mix until all the rice is colored. You can add other Asian sauces for better flavor, but I don't often have them on hand.. I like to mix scrambled eggs into mine. I usually just move the rice to one side of the pan, add a little butter and scramble the eggs in the same pan. It comes out really good!

Oh thats a good idea too..using already cooked chicken breast. Thanks! I will def be trying this out
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

raw chicken breast
    fresh broccoli, shredded carrots, red peppers
    fresh garlic clove
    frozen edamame
    canned mandarin oranges
    sesame oil
    sesame seed
    salt, pepper, paprika
    spicy asian mustard
    honey

rub chicken with salt, pepper, spicy mustard, honey and a little sesame oil. Put it in the oven to bake fully.
    microwave broccoli, carrots and peppers until a little soft.

In a hot wok -
    add sesame oil and then chopped fresh garlic. sauté a little and then add in the vegetables. add in the edamame and season with salt, pepper and paprika.

Serve the finished chicken over the vegetables and garnish with some mandarin oranges. Add rice if you'd like.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I prefer shrimp or tofu, but if I use chicken I use boneless skinless thighs and trim the fat (total pita) it has a lot more flavor and tender than breast meat. If chicken or tofu cook first in peanut oil and then set aside in warm bowl while you cook the veggies then toss protein back in. For shrimp I cook it last.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    avocado oil is good for high heat uses that can burn olive oil. i like to pound boneless skinless chicken breasts a little with a meat mallet so it absorbs flavor instead of being a protein brick
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Spicy sesame oil. Same calories as every other oil adds delicious flavor to stir fry
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree with amtyrell... Sesame Oil is the secret to great stir fry and fried rice! The only seasonings I use is the sesame oil, chopped garlic, and soy sauce.