Gonna try to stick with it this time.

Options
I’ve been into bodybuilding for about 8 months now and I love it. I’m a pretty inconsistent eater though and I wanna get back on this app to help me meet my daily nutrition goals. Looking forward to talking to some of you awesome people!

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I find eating my cals (2700) and lifting to be easy and fun. What do you have difficulty with?
  • SoulSurvivor182
    SoulSurvivor182 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Realizing I should’ve put this on the introduce yourself forum. Sorry guys lol
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Realizing I should’ve put this on the introduce yourself forum. Sorry guys lol

Nah, this is the good form lol
  • SoulSurvivor182
    Options

I find eating my cals (2700) and lifting to be easy and fun. What do you have difficulty with?
    I haven’t been the best at keeping track of what I eat, so I’m almost positive I’m not eating enough. I’ve gone through the newbie gains phase and now I think I need to put more effort into my eating habits
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Just gotta count and measure you're intake. The hardest part is not puking when you underate earlier in the day
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I always add some ice cream or treats at the end of the day just to make sure I am in a surplus. I don't track though so I just keep eating and eating and hope for the best. Personally I would definitely recommend logging your intake especially if you have a tendency to undereat. Good luck!
  • SoulSurvivor182
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Just gotta count and measure you're intake. The hardest part is not puking when you underate earlier in the day
    Yep, I’m hoping this app will really help with that. And I haven’t ever had to deal with puking luckily
  • SoulSurvivor182
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I always add some ice cream or treats at the end of the day just to make sure I am in a surplus. I don't track though so I just keep eating and eating and hope for the best. Personally I would definitely recommend logging your intake especially if you have a tendency to undereat. Good luck!

I know a guy who does this same tactic as well at the end of his day. I’m gonna try it out and hope it helps. Thanks for the tip!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Also check out this thread for a list of calorie dense foods and advice:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • dill_milk
    dill_milk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    From your pic you look great for someone who just started bodybuilding. Certainly you lifted weights or played sports before?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    dill_milk wrote: »
    From your pic you look great for someone who just started bodybuilding. Certainly you lifted weights or played sports before?

Angles and lighting;)

But no seriously. You've made decent progress and if that's all you then hats off to you
  • SoulSurvivor182
    Options
    Thanks you! And yes you’re correct. I lifted a bit in high school and was always in sports. I’ve always been lean but for the past 8 years I’ve sat about 125 lol
  • SoulSurvivor182
    Options

Angles and lighting;)

But no seriously. You've made decent progress and if that's all you then hats off to you
    I won’t argue with the good angle/lighting thing lol. But I mean yeah that’s what I look like. Over the past 8 months I’ve gained about 20 lbs and maybe went up 2-3% bf. I haven’t been eating enough to do an actual bulk/cut, it’s just been mostly lean bulking. Which feels slow tbh
  • UKWildcatDave
    UKWildcatDave Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I save calories for the end of the day just for ice cream or cookies or beer or 3rd helping from dinner.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Thanks you! And yes you’re correct. I lifted a bit in high school and was always in sports. I’ve always been lean but for the past 8 years I’ve sat about 125 lol

Wait... what? What are your current stats. Avatar not matching up... unless you are very short.

Angles and lighting;)

I won’t argue with the good angle/lighting thing lol. But I mean yeah that’s what I look like. Over the past 8 months I’ve gained about 20 lbs and maybe went up 2-3% bf. I haven’t been eating enough to do an actual bulk/cut, it’s just been mostly lean bulking. Which feels slow tbh

This is another "wait...what?" moment. You gained 20 pounds with a starting weight of 125 pounds in 8 months and only put on about 2-3% bf during that period. You think this is a "lean bulk" and is slow? That is incredible progress and outstanding gains - especially considering the starting point.

• SoulSurvivor182
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Wait... what? What are your current stats. Avatar not matching up... unless you are very short.

Angles and lighting;)

This is another "wait...what?" moment. You gained 20 pounds with a starting weight of 125 pounds in 8 months and only put on about 2-3% bf during that period. You think this is a "lean bulk" and is slow? That is incredible progress and outstanding gains - especially considering the starting point.

I am actually pretty short lol I weigh 148 right now and I’m 5’7. I know the progress I’ve made is technically pretty good but it feels slow when you look at yourself every day and don’t see much change. I’m just one of those impatient people who wants fast results, even though I do know that’s not entirely logical.