2770kc?

Options
There must be something wrong with the calorie calculator..............or me, of course! The "goal" of 2770 calories seems very high to me. I'm just putting on belly fat as well as muscle and increasing strength. I suppose I will have had to drop this figure. But what's wrong?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    Are you male? What's your current weight and height?

If you are significantly overweight and/or very active (like 150 or more over weight) the calculations can get a bit skewed.

With that said, 2770 may be where you need to be. We'd need more info.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What is your goal, gaining or losing?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    More info OP, is this the amount MFP gave you to lose or gain or maintain x pounds a week?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    More info needed, as stated above. Did you put in to lose or gain weight? What is your current weight? What is your goal weight? Are you male? How old? How tall?

I am a 43 year old female, 5'9, 180 lbs and can lose on 2000 calories per day.
  • adarbyem
    adarbyem Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    More info needed, as stated above. Did you put in to lose or gain weight? What is your current weight? What is your goal weight? Are you male? How old? How tall?

I am a 43 year old female, 5'9, 180 lbs and can lose on 2000 calories per day.

I second this. Details are what matter. I'm 5'10" 270lb and my daily goal is 2200 at a 1000 per day deficit.