Hey Mom's in their 40's

Options
Mom of five. Ranging from 18-7. Other moms if you want to help keep each other motivated , would love to chat.

Replies

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Guys never say they only want to be friends with dads. Why do some women exclude non mom women from being friends?
    Good luck. You need to focus on you as a human being not just your role as mom.

Dang. I totally get wanting to meet people in a similar situation as myself, because they have something in common. Would I take my husband to a ballet? Yes, but if I had to choose my friend who has watched Black Swan 20 times and lives ballet? Then, I would be taking her instead of my husband because I know we share a love of ballet.
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    @Fitmamak7 I don’t have 5 kids, but I did just hit the 46 year mark! So, I’m in
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I can't see your profile or I would add you. I have 3 kids and being a parent does bring special challenges to getting in shape. Don't let negative people drag you down. I'll be friends with you, other moms, and other childless people (men and women). Chin up.

EDIT TO ADD: I can't see the part where the OP was excluding anyone, just reaching out to other moms in particular.
  • cdk4
    cdk4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    40 year old of mom of 2 boys .... 20 and 14 ,
    Friend me if you’d like , I need all the motivation I can get !!
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    48 year old Mom here.... :)
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Happy to be friends too - 40 with 2 girls, aged 6 and 9.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Guys never say they only want to be friends with dads. Why do some women exclude non mom women from being friends?
    Good luck. You need to focus on you as a human being not just your role as mom.

In this situation, it's likely not so much about excluding non-moms, as it is asking for support from people who are facing and have possibly overcome similar challenges. Everyone here has issues and situations, but Moms generally have a very different lifestyle than singles, so meal planning, exercise time and health choices are naturally quite different from singles.
    It's the same with people from specific age groups or various disorders, other friends are always welcome, but friends with specific experiances need to be asked for to be found.
  • cc42415
    cc42415 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 here I am 41 feel free to add me
  • Gauri01
    Gauri01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am mom of 2 boys, 42 years old. Just logged in mfp after more than a year.
    Would love to have friends to motivate me. I have 50 lbs to lose. I just started Jillian Michael’s beginner shred. Day 2 done. I plan to do it 5 days a week.
  • esweis
    esweis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m a crazy busy 45 y/o soccer mom with a traveling job. I need motivation because when I’m home I want the quick and easy. When I’m away with work or soccer I want the quick and easy. I want to loose 10+, but I mostly want to be a healthy eater and get fit. I just have no time. Would love motivation and other mom help. I have 3 kids:4, 8, and 13
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Im 41 mum of 5, 4 boys and 1 girl. Aging 20-11. I'm glad to see that im not the only one with 5 kids. Most people seem shocked when i tell them.
    We r just moving house so im really busy atm too but ive been trying to loose weight. So far ive lost 11kg with 20 to go.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    42yr old Mom of 3 boys 14,14, 22
  • jasonkrista03
    jasonkrista03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40s and a mother of 5 as well needs accountability partners and positvity
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hello!!,... a question for all.. what do the ' MIT40s' watch when they get a chance by themselves..lol