Keto kinda???

Options
I have been trying a Keto diet for the last few weeks and struggle to keep my carbs below 50 let alone 25 daily. A lot of it I’m sure is just ignorance in trying a new way eating/ living. For example certain foods that maybe low sugar still have a decent amount of carbs. I exercise (strength training) about 4 Times a week, and worry about my protein intake. I know your not suppose to have a ton of protein to get into Ketosis however I’m concerned about potential muscle breakdown if I don’t have enough protein in the tank. Anyhow thanks for reading and any advice is welcomed. Peace and love~ mike

Replies

• Alannamaureen
    Alannamaureen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd highly recommend using a tool like the KetoGains calculator HERE to calculate your protein/fat/carb macros. You can input those into MFP and keep a closer eye on it there. It's surprising how many foods are high-carb, especially among vegetables! Also keep in mind that for keto, it's a little easier mentally to keep track of your net carbs (Carbs - Fiber) for the day. Hope that helps!
  • mrwelch2
    mrwelch2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ty! How long have you been doing Keto
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    This is where it is better to do you than to do the latest fad. There is no keto magic, so if you have found a way of eating that satisfies you and helps you meet your overall goals, why stress about whether or not it is keto?