Sweet treats?

Options
summpear
summpear Posts: 77 Member
I did a small search and didn't see a thread already (although I'm sure they're there), so what's your favorite fix for the need-something -sweet- but doesn't break the calorie bank?

I like to end my day with something small and sweet, preferably under 100 calories. I currently alternate around a few m&ms, jelly beans, or a dark chocolate almond concoction.

When I know I can have this, I'm much less likely to snag the (insert whatever binge-y item is around the house calling my name).

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello/jelly with frozen yoghurt and berries.

In winter, a sweet hot drink (mocha or chocolate)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I’ve been having a couple pieces of dark chocolate for a long time as my bedtime snack. Also fudge pops and chocolate pudding
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Rice Krispy treats are 90 calories, even the ones with M&Ms in them
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    I really like the Fiber One brownies. Just 90 calories and very tasty. The lemon and coffee cake flavors are good too. The chocolate chip flavor is ok, but I personally don't like it as much as the brownie.
  • TynaBaby17
    TynaBaby17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Saltwater taffy is one of my favorites!! You can have 5 or so of them and stay under 100 calories and if you suck on them they last a long time so it feels kind of like your getting more out of it? if that makes sense, haha, but they are the best and you can get all assortments of flavors from Sprouts/Trader Joe's!

A spoonful of honey peanut butter is one of my other favorites and its about 150 calories though.

• mmariev14
    mmariev14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with the rice Krispy treats and the sugar free jello. The jello is like 5 cal so you can eat like 20 of them if you want. I'm a HUGE sweet eater at night and I've discovered it's all about portions if you're just looking to fulfill a craving. I have a bunch of pre portioned options like: 1/4 Hershey bar, popsicles, 1/2 serving Oreo thins bite sized, jelly beans.. All under 100 cal. My absolute favorite though are mini rice cakes. Caramel and chocolate are amazing, taste super indulgent, and you can eat 13 of them for like 120 cal. So really, you can eat what ever you want! Just grab the right portion and keep the rest out of sight!
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, blueberries and dark chocolate. My 4 or 5 strawberries a day are my biggest source of vitamin C :smiley:
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Current faves are fruit sorbet, gingernuts and Fibre One Brownies. I also like dry cereal and flavoured yoghurt.
  • summpear
    summpear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    At your suggestions, i grabbed purple cow moose frozen yogurt... 1/3C is 90 calories - ummmmm, delicious! I also have raspberry sherbet i haven't tried yet.

And outshine popsicles range 35-70 depending on the size and flavor.

What's funny is that knowing I CAN have these things and knowing they're physically in my house... I don't need them as much. Losing weight is so very mental in a lot of things.