What's the most unhelpful thing someone has said to you ....

Replies

• NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't think anyone said anything particularly unhelpful.. apart from telling me I didn't need to lose any more weight when I was still like 30lbs over weight and it was very clear that I DID.

I found it odd/disheartening when people wouldn't comment on anything though, haha! Was just my ego playing up. Like "hey fcukface I've lost 50lbs, SAY SOMETHING!!!" I never did say that, I stewed in my own bitterness instead.

You just have to walk around like a body builder with your arms out to the side. Works every time
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    NerdyFlex wrote: »
    I don't think anyone said anything particularly unhelpful.. apart from telling me I didn't need to lose any more weight when I was still like 30lbs over weight and it was very clear that I DID.

I found it odd/disheartening when people wouldn't comment on anything though, haha! Was just my ego playing up. Like "hey fcukface I've lost 50lbs, SAY SOMETHING!!!" I never did say that, I stewed in my own bitterness instead.

You just have to walk around like a body builder with your arms out to the side. Works every time

Noted :smirk:
  • NerdyFlex
    Why don’t you take up a hobby or do something you enjoy!

What about underwater basketweaving? That ones a lot of fun
  • NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex wrote: »
    Why don’t you take up a hobby or do something you enjoy!

What about underwater basketweaving? That ones a lot of fun

I’m thinking more underwear parachutes

Now that would be pretty cool and probably very uncomfortable
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    "If you eat early enough you can eat what you want and you won't gain weight. This is how we ate when I was growing up, and we weren't fat."

Stated by my mother-in-law as we sat down to dinner of Tacos, Flautas, and much more food. She questioned why I was measuring my food and writing it down.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    My favorite..... "But you have such a pretty face".

This. Yes this! It was usually followed by: "All you need to do is lose a little weight in your tummy..."
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    “Are they dead?”

After I’d got someone out of a car crash. Call the bloody ambulance, don’t make stupid f**king comments!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    It should only hurt a little.
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    gophermatt wrote: »
    I truly hate the use of “It is what it is,” typically said with an expression that the speaker thinks conveys depth of thought.

Among the most idiotic phrases ever. Makes my skin crawl to hear it.

But it IS, what it is.

Excellent point. I hadn’t thought of it that way before.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    gophermatt wrote: »
    I truly hate the use of “It is what it is,” typically said with an expression that the speaker thinks conveys depth of thought.

Among the most idiotic phrases ever. Makes my skin crawl to hear it.

But it IS, what it is.

Not always....not everything is as it seems....;)
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    I'm hungry.

EAT SOME FRUIT.
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    "I don't know"